Did you mean: 

UR program restructuring.....

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: UR program restructuring.....

@iCoop wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

This makes me glad I app'd for IHG, instead of any of the UR cards. I already have shopping portal benefits with NFCU so I don't really need CSP or Freedom.

+1

I have the CSP but it was only for the 40K UR bonus... it'll be sock drawered until I PC it to the regular CS. I love the IHG card and all of it's benefits. If those change, I'll take all of my business from Chase back to NFCU.

That's an interesting take , on CSP. I would disagree about value of CSP. Its an lot more versatile. I may be biased but I am not big fan of hotel cards,since their point values are pretty horrid. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 51 of 103
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@smith5879 wrote:

I don't think Ally charges fees and if an ATM charges you one, they reimburse you. I'm thinking about opening up an account with Ally in the near future because of the much better interest rates. If I open one though I'd still keep my PNC accounts open because otherwise you have no way to put cash into a bank account if you ever need to,

Yes depositin cash into internet banks can be an bit annoying but I don't think I have ever had to deposit cash. The interest rates on checking and saving make up for that shortcoming IMO.its like 20x better than most brick and mortar banks 

Message 52 of 103
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@smith5879 wrote:

I don't think Ally charges fees and if an ATM charges you one, they reimburse you. I'm thinking about opening up an account with Ally in the near future because of the much better interest rates. If I open one though I'd still keep my PNC accounts open because otherwise you have no way to put cash into a bank account if you ever need to,

Yes depositin cash into internet banks can be an bit annoying but I don't think I have ever had to deposit cash. The interest rates on checking and saving make up for that shortcoming IMO.its like 20x better than most brick and mortar banks 

Depending on the ATM...Ally doesnt seem to have any ATMS so you will be charged a fee which will be ducted from your account and at the end of the month, Ally deposits the money back into your account. It can be a bit annoying because you have to wait 30 days until your account statements closes to get your money back. I have a ALLY checking account that I no longer use.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 53 of 103
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Most people on these kind of forums were most likely opening Chase accounts for the bonus ,not the Freedom bonus. The ten percent bonus isn't that much really. Spending ten thousand dollars gets you an extra ten dollars at the end of the year, which isn't that much. You'd have to spend 100,000 just to get $100. I don't see this as a reason to close or put away any Chase accounts, but that's just me.

Message 54 of 103
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Most people on these kind of forums were most likely opening Chase accounts for the bonus ,not the Freedom bonus. The ten percent bonus isn't that much really. Spending ten thousand dollars gets you an extra ten dollars at the end of the year, which isn't that much. You'd have to spend 100,000 just to get $100. I don't see this as a reason to close or put away any Chase accounts, but that's just me.

Still $10 is better then $0? nothing to write home about but still free money

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 55 of 103
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

When I opened my Chase checking account it was for the $200 opening bonus + 10 UR pts per transaction on Freedom. Since Chase later sacked the 10 points bonus I closed the checking account.

I will say that among the big 4, Chase has the best checking services.

Message 56 of 103
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Still $10 is better then $0? nothing to write home about but still free money

That's true. I didn't mean it was worthless, but I'll still stick by Chase.

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

When I opened my Chase checking account it was for the $200 opening bonus + 10 UR pts per transaction on Freedom. Since Chase later sacked the 10 points bonus I closed the checking account.

I will say that among the big 4, Chase has the best checking services.

I forgot that they used to have that per transaction. I keep my account open because I like to have a deposit account with every credit card I have incase I need to make an immediate payment.

Message 57 of 103
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I don't think chase checking is any worse than any of the other big 4 brick and mortar banks. Even with the 10% it wasn't really my thing. I rather have flat interest rate on my checking account that i have with my CU, but I guess its an nerf. Very minor one at that. 

Message 58 of 103
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I was annoyed at Chase over the CSP 7%, now im just pissed. After Decemeber 2015 the CSP is downgraded to normal if not closed completly. The Freedom will be sockdrawered. They have pushed me right back into the arms of AMEX and possibly Barclay's. Good job Chase you just cut of a client who keeps large sums of money in your bank that will now be shifting that money over to a credit union with higher intrest rates that will now beat the lack of 10% bonus points I was earning not to mention the spending of 300-500 on your CC's. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 59 of 103
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Networth wrote:

I was annoyed at Chase over the CSP 7%, now im just pissed. After Decemeber 2015 the CSP is downgraded to normal if not closed completly. The Freedom will be sockdrawered. They have pushed me right back into the arms of AMEX and possibly Barclay's. Good job Chase you just cut of a client who keeps large sums of money in your bank that will now be shifting that money over to a credit union with higher intrest rates that will now beat the lack of 10% bonus points I was earning not to mention the spending of 300-500 on your CC's. 

300-500? 

Message 60 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.