Re: UR program restructuring.....

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Continued from above...

Yes, if you do ALL those things you will reap the rewards, no doubt. However, as stated in my above two posts, my point was ONLY in regards to general spend on a hotel card, which as stated, is a bad value for most hotel cards. General spend, not at hotels.

I certainly agree with your statement that Marriott and IHG cards are great to have if you frequently spend at their hotels.

Also,speaking strictly from a value standpoint, I wouldn't be transferring those 52,000 points from your example to any hotel UR partner besides Hyatt, due to their extremely high redemption requirements.

I wouldn't transfer and I said to use points through UR mall which is much better 

Assuming that you are talking about booking travel through the UR travel portal, you will get 1.25 cents per point. Transferring those 52k points would get you a much better value, assuming that you can use the transfer partners.

Using the 52k points to book a room through UR portal vs transferring them  to the Marriott is dumb. 52,000 will get you more nights on Chase then transferring them to Marriott.

As stated above I woudn't transfer them to Marriott. Ever. But Hyatt, United, Southwest can all easily get you more than 1.25 cents per point in value.

Yes But your assuming the person wants to stay at a Hyatt or Fly United or Southwest.  

Personally I am more of an AA or Delta person but don't fly at all recently to matter 

You don't fly at all recently?  Then what is the point of having travel cards like Marriot or CSP card?  It doesn't matter if you book thru the UR portal or not I would then just take the cash back.  Example a room at a Category 8 in NY at the Carlton Hotel costs 499/night.  Take the cashback and still get credited for the reward points.

Redeemed awards don't count toward rewards.  This is why any redemption for Hotel is a terrible idea unless you use the direct Hotel CC.

Another thing is booking thru the UR portal the rooms I checked would cost about $1500, directly from the hotel website $1020. 

Message 91 of 103
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I just received the email about the changes today...Smiley Indifferent I will close my Chase checking account after 6 month's of openning (to secure the $200 checking account sign up bonus).

Message 92 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DigitalArk wrote:

I just received the email about the changes today...Smiley Indifferent I will close my Chase checking account after 6 month's of openning (to secure the $200 checking account sign up bonus).

30% off  Macy's using Discover Mall (check out code: SUPER for additional 15%) EXPIRES NOVEMBER 22

30% off JcPenny using either Chase or Discover mall (checkout code: SHOPNOW for additional 20%) EXPIRES NOVEMBER 22

20% off SaksFifthAvenue using Discover Mall EXPIRES DECEMBER 31

21% off Neiman Marcus using Chase Mall (sign up as new subscriber at neimanmarcus.com for additional 10%) EXPIRES 12/31/14

be sure check back black friday and cyber monday for even more savings.

If you just signed up with Chase Freedom $200 cash back bonus 

when you spend $500 that's 70% off at JcPenny and 61% off at Neiman Marcus

Message 93 of 103
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

This really doesn't have anything to do with an old thread.
Signature needs updating
Message 94 of 103
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I agree.  smode, what is the purpose of copying and pasting the same recent information on other threads that have no relevance to the topic being dicussed?... given this one is an older one if that.

Message 95 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I agree.  smode, what is the purpose of copying and pasting the same recent information on other threads that have no relevance to the topic being dicussed?... given this one is an older one if that.

Hey. You aren't being supportive. Smiley Tongue

I don't get that either. I kinda gave up trying just like I did with CapOne.

Message 96 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be somewhat off-topic but I couldn't find a thread that's directly UR-points related and this question doesn't really warrant a thread of its own:

If I go through UR to get to Best Buy to buy an item it indicates I get 2pts/$1....  would I still get those points if I log into my Best Buy account prior to purchasing?  That, in effect, would give me UR points and Best Buy points?

Also, could the same be said for airlines?  Go to SouthWest through the UR portal, log into your SW account, then purchase tickets?

Message 97 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the extra UR points for purchasing via the Chase portal you must access the site thru the portal.  Once there you can still log into your a Best Buy account so you get both the Chase UR points and the BEST Buy points 

Yes, same for SW

Message 98 of 103
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To get the extra UR points for purchasing via the Chase portal you must access the site thru the portal.  Once there you can still log into your a Best Buy account so you get both the Chase UR points and the BEST Buy points 

Yes, same for SW

I agree thats is an form of double dipping doesn't always work but should. This is an bit offtopic but working with discover because i didn't get my additional 5% when i purchased my note 4 , they claim i didn't go thru shopdiscover when i know i did. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 99 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fellas!!

Message 100 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.