Did you mean: 

UR program restructuring.....

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UR program restructuring.....

@longtimelurker wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Man they are just slashing  down Chase customers...

No, it's for our own good!  It says "to meet the evolving needs of our customers"    Isn't that nice.

I got a kick out of the good things they list at the bottom under the new website heading. Personalization?? Oh joy!

Message 11 of 103
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ezdoesit wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I got this email from chase..... What do you think about MR vs UR now?

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/ultimate-rewards-freedom-4...

Thanks for posting, I hadn't received this yet. So basically this is for the Freedom specifically, and it looks like they are matching exactly the changes made to the CSP. No more annual bonus, no more additional point for booking through the Chase UR portal.

EDIT: Might be more accurate to call this post Freedom benefits restructuring?

After 2015 will you still earn earn 2x on travel and dining? It says no extra points booked thru Ultimate Rewards but if you book directly from the airline I would assume you still get the 2x.

I don't like the 10% loss with checking. 

Lastly:  You can continue to use your points for travel with no blackout dates. However, after 10/25/2014, all options to redeem for airline tickets based on a fixed amount of points will be discontinued. All travel redemptions will be calculated based on the actual cost 

Does this mean I can't transfer them to Airline partners and redeem them for RT that way?  It doesn't seem like it what is other people idea about it.

2x on travel and dining is a CSP benefit and still in effect.

Message 12 of 103
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Man they are just slashing  down Chase customers...

No, it's for our own good!  It says "to meet the evolving needs of our customers"    Isn't that nice.

I got a kick out of the good things they list at the bottom under the new website heading. Personalization?? Oh joy!

Yes, can't count the times I've said "I really want to send more of my credit card spend to Chase, but without personalization...."

Message 13 of 103
abMaus

Not bad. Makes me feel okay to switch my checking from Chase to a CU once the 10% annual bonus is taken away for good.
Message 14 of 103
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I already cut Chase checking losse when they dropped 10 pts per transaction.

The only way that'll make me want to go back to Chase is if they offer good opening bonus.

Message 15 of 103
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Guess I'm closing my checking account come January. This is really too bad. For anyone that doesn't have the ability to transfer points to a CSP or Ink Chase just lost their edge over Discover. 

Message 16 of 103
celluloid17
Established Contributor

So essentially there's no longer an added benefit to being a Chase banking customer in relation to their credit products.  That 10% wasn't much, but it was a nice gesture to reward loyalty.  Aside from the sheer number of branches and ATMs, there really aren't many good reasons to bank with Chase as it is.  

Message 17 of 103
abMaus

Look into Schwab or Ally. There are a bunch of other institutions that offer completely free ATM withdrawls, from any machine. The only bonus to having Chase (IMO) was the 10% and the fact that I can pay my bill and have it instantly deduct, but I won't be worried when I can withdraw anywhere without being hit by a surcharge.

Message 18 of 103
red259
Super Contributor

Well that pretty much guarantees I won't be moving my accounts to to chase. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 19 of 103
USF813
Frequent Contributor

This makes me glad I app'd for IHG, instead of any of the UR cards. I already have shopping portal benefits with NFCU so I don't really need CSP or Freedom.

Message 20 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.