cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT EXPERT HELP / ADVISE NEEDED REGARDING NEW CC APPLICATIONS - RE-UPDATED 8/10

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: URGENT EXPERT HELP / ADVISE NEEDED REGARDING NEW CC APPLICATIONS - RE-UPDATED 8/10

@KSK1912 wrote:

Spend above the limit is for the Amex Business card. It may be a new feature, but it is advertised on their website. They just ask you to pay the over the limit amount at the end of the statement. Not sure if they have it on their other cards. They may let you go over your limit but i dont think it is something they advertise for other cards besides the Amex Business.

I believe the reason we chose BCE over BCP was partially for the AF, but more for the cash back option rather MR points. He is getting a lot of points on the BOA cards, so the new cards we chose were all geared towards cash back. 

It applies to all their credit cards, although, as you say, it may not be advertised.

BCP and BCE are both cashback cards.  BCP gives higher reward rates but has an AF.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: URGENT EXPERT HELP / ADVISE NEEDED REGARDING NEW CC APPLICATIONS - RE-UPDATED 8/10

bpc is really only good if you can spend 6k a year on groceries and the most you would get back is 4.75% after the AF (might be less after the recent af increase)

Message 22 of 26
driftless
Valued Contributor

The OP has another thread in the Approval section. I would be interested in hearing how the ccc's handle adding $50 - 60K in debt within two months.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 23 of 26
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:
The OP has another thread in the Approval section. I would be interested in hearing how the ccc's handle adding $50 - 60K in debt within two months.

This is normal for my friend. He has businesses in the mall. Starting from black friday is the heavy shopping season. So you have to be fully stocked, and he opens couple extra kiosks for different merchandise for october november december. As long as you have the income / cash flow to back up your limits / spending, noone will panic (creditors), but I also can understand your point of view looking at it from a new creditor's perspective.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 24 of 26
driftless
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Will he be using his personal cards as well for the purchases? I can understand the business model.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 25 of 26
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:
Thanks. Will he be using his personal cards as well for the purchases? I can understand the business model.

I honestly advised him not to, for the fact that the creditors may get a little curious about where he is spending that much money. However, he already talked to Amex when he called in for the BCE and they told him it would not be any problem. So i advised him to kinda split purchases between the cards rather maxing one out before using another one, so that all cards get some usage and that we can ask for cli when the time comes.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.