Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGH! American Express New Accounts is APPROVING TODAY

tag
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

URGH! American Express New Accounts is APPROVING TODAY

Well I waited to apply for the HHonors Amex card to maximize backdating.  I applied and got a message saying they need to speak with me in order to provide me with an instant decision, however they are closed for the holiday!!  Frustrating,  but understandable they need days off too.

I just recently got a CLI from Amex on my Platinum Delta card so I figured I was back in the good graces of Amex.  Let's hope so.

Is there an APP status page for Amex?  I can't find one.

UPDATE:  Called in, the lady said that my address on my app is the same as on my current card, verified my last 4 and "thank you for applying, your card with a $5,500 limit will be sent out immediately"

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: URGH! American Express New Accounts is CLOSED

dont feel too bad my BCP app is still pending!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

that's why i recommend never apps on holiday.

Its killing to wait for something..

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

What stinks is I am in time zone 1, currently stationed in the Marshall Islands, so it is 10:20 am on 1/2/13.  So while I am thinking that I am well into the new year I forget that everyone is still on hangover mode in the states.  Sucks being 17 hours ahead I guess :-)

Message 4 of 15
rabell12
Established Member

Message 5 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@rabell12 wrote:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Thank you, they need to verify my billing address, go figure.

Message 6 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

I was approved for HHonors and BCE today but I don't know my limits yet because new accounts is closed!!  LOL!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 7 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

I was approved for HHonors and BCE today but I don't know my limits yet because new accounts is closed!!  LOL!

Congrats on the approvals.  I think I will be approved as well, but to be address verified seemed odd.  I have been with Amex 7 years and have had my current address for 8 months, which they called and verified when I changed it.  I guess it is an automatic trigger when it is an APO zip code.

Message 8 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Well Amex did a HP on me, so based on many previous topics that means I got approved.  Not to mention I have 7 softs by them since Nov 27.

Message 9 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

i called 866-314-0237  to find out the limit on my Lowes app.

on the opening menu I said Other Questions   it routed me to new accounts and then I entered the last four of my social and my zip code.. then it re-iterated that I was approved and that my credit limit is 22k.

I don't know if that number works just for business cards.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.