Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGH! American Express New Accounts is APPROVING TODAY

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: URGH! American Express New Accounts is CLOSED

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Well Amex did a HP on me, so based on many previous topics that means I got approved.  Not to mention I have 7 softs by them since Nov 27.

HP not mean that they approved .

Hp only mean they check on your credit report for new application unless you already Amex member.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

i called 866-314-0237  to find out the limit on my Lowes app.

on the opening menu I said Other Questions   it routed me to new accounts and then I entered the last four of my social and my zip code.. then it re-iterated that I was approved and that my credit limit is 22k.

I don't know if that number works just for business cards.

I am sure it works if approved, but for me when it goes to "look up" my status I get disconnected.  I assume it is because I have to speak to someone in the new accounts department and they are closed. :-( :-(

Message 12 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

i called 866-314-0237  to find out the limit on my Lowes app.

on the opening menu I said Other Questions   it routed me to new accounts and then I entered the last four of my social and my zip code.. then it re-iterated that I was approved and that my credit limit is 22k.

I don't know if that number works just for business cards.

I just called and it routed me to new accounts where I got the message that they are closed. Smiley Frustrated

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 13 of 15
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

swpoopham, if you dont mind me asking how did you get verry high limits like that.........chase ink?.......

income? combined?

Message 14 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

I am already a member, that is why with the HP I would say I will be approved, otherwise it would be a SP for a decline.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.