Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Air Miles Redemptions look really good

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Air Miles Redemptions look really good

I've never been all that impressed with Virgin brand airlines to be honest. You're right though the fuel surcharge is crazy on those European carriers.
Message 11 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Well they're all going to continue devaluing the award tickets, so AA is a given at some point probably later this year. But for now the superior value is in International, front cabin redemptions. If you can go for it the US miles will just sweeten your AAdvantage acct when the programs merge thus year.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Delta redemptions to Europe aren't too bad either Smiley Tongue

Have a 150k detlta miles atm and heading to Europe Apr-May time frame..  Think that will get me two round trip tickets?  I am so new to this airline stuff and UR and MR, etc stuff.

Guess the easiest way is to goto delta's site and just check lolSmiley Happy.. Just hate researching stuff like this!

depends on how you want to fly out to europe and from where you are flying i suppose. I am not too familiar with delta points since i don't have delta card, but i know you could get some nice value on luxury trip if you may be try and fly business on Air france or something with delta points, but you may not have enough points for two trips thats the problem. 

Meh maybe I will fly first class or business class with my miles and pay for her ticket and put her in coach since she is tinySmiley Happy.  Hope she wouldn't be to mad and cause it to ruin the trip lol

Message 12 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Well they're all going to continue devaluing the award tickets, so AA is a given at some point probably later this year. But for now the superior value is in International, front cabin redemptions. If you can go for it the US miles will just sweeten your AAdvantage acct when the programs merge thus year.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Delta redemptions to Europe aren't too bad either Smiley Tongue

Have a 150k detlta miles atm and heading to Europe Apr-May time frame..  Think that will get me two round trip tickets?  I am so new to this airline stuff and UR and MR, etc stuff.

Guess the easiest way is to goto delta's site and just check lolSmiley Happy.. Just hate researching stuff like this!

depends on how you want to fly out to europe and from where you are flying i suppose. I am not too familiar with delta points since i don't have delta card, but i know you could get some nice value on luxury trip if you may be try and fly business on Air france or something with delta points, but you may not have enough points for two trips thats the problem. 

Meh maybe I will fly first class or business class with my miles and pay for her ticket and put her in coach since she is tinySmiley Happy.  Hope she wouldn't be to mad and cause it to ruin the trip lol

i am not sure you can use delta points for air france first class or not, i am almost 100% sure you can for business though. Alternate plan would be get more delta points via MR or delta cards so you can both fly business :-) 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I've never been all that impressed with Virgin brand airlines to be honest. You're right though the fuel surcharge is crazy on those European carriers.

yeah its not an really good value, isn't flying via aa an lot cheaper than delta ? I don't know if you fly aa you have to go thru british airways and get nailed horribly with those fees also. i guess you could do something like aa to iberia that doesn't accrue same surcharges that BA does.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.