Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Online Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways Online Application

Just as an FYI, I applied today and was approved for 4K.  Cheers for that, but especially since my last highest limit was 1,200 with Amex.  This is the highest CL I've ever had.  Having said that, I now have a new HI, utilization goes down but so does AAOA.  (Do I have that right?  Math is a mystery to me).  Should I just chillax for awhile before applying for anything..like maybe 6 mos. or can I apply for a few more cards?  I'm not looking for any special features, just want to have some avail credit on hand in case of emergency.

Message 21 of 25
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

This is tempting. I have a couple questions for Barclays experts.

This is very likely a TU pull ? All my reports are frozen. I would be fairly safe just

thawing TU for a USair app?

I have been wanting a second Sallie Mae and have been one year totally app & inq free,

prepping for it. Is is likely I could get both a 2nd Sallie Mae and a USair in a Barclays

app spree? Since I would need an automatic approval to get a second Sallie Mae, I'd

guess that should be the first app ? Is it possible to get a 2 fer 1 hp with Barclays ? If

so, how do you go about it? I'd rather not jeopardize a 2nd Sallie Mae to save a HP if it

comes down to that.  

If I get the USair card, will it be possible to roll the limit into a Sallie Mae account next

year before the AF hits and close it?

decisions, decisionsSmiley Indifferent

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 22 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Blurbz wrote:

Hmph.  Churning scares me generally so I haven't started playing that game, but this is definitely enticing.

I also like to call it trade in Citi AA for Barclays AA via start to get 50K points and end up with a card from Barclays with the same benefits like Citi and finally an AA card with no FTF at a reasonable AF.  It feels better like this for me... I hate to be a churner somehow Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 25
matthew2115
New Contributor

@bada_bing wrote:

Wouldn't call myself an "expert."

This is very likely a TU pull ? All my reports are frozen. I would be fairly safe just

They pulled TU for me.

I have been wanting a second Sallie Mae and have been one year totally app & inq free,

prepping for it. Is is likely I could get both a 2nd Sallie Mae and a USair in a Barclays

app spree? Since I would need an automatic approval to get a second Sallie Mae, I'd

guess that should be the first app ? Is it possible to get a 2 fer 1 hp with Barclays ? If

so, how do you go about it? I'd rather not jeopardize a 2nd Sallie Mae to save a HP if it

comes down to that.  

I got Arrival+ and USAir with 1 HP.  Applied Arrival+, auto-approved.  Immediately applied USAir, 7-10 message.  Called to recon, approved.  CreditKarma showed me 2 pulls from Barclay the next day on TU, but then I pulled up my TU report directly (and refreshed CK the next week), and only ONE inquiry stuck.  Maybe since they were identical, either TU or Barclays just collapsed them into one?

If I get the USair card, will it be possible to roll the limit into a Sallie Mae account next

From what I've heard, they will do this.  Going to be trying that myself down the line, unless I get some kind of retention offer.

EX08: 841 | TU08: 841
EQ08 (Bankcard Enhanced) 844 (out of 900)
FAKO TU: 803
Vantage 3.0 - TU: 817 - EQ: 818
Message 24 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@bada_bing wrote:

comes down to that.  

I am not sure how much of a gambler you are? It is pretty safe to say that Barclays is a TU puller. All my 3 apps were HP on TU only.  As for the double app I would go for the US Airways card now and in 6 months add the 2nd SM. But I am known to rather play defensive and not too much gambling with credit card apps.  If you like to test for us and after you get instant on US Airways I would love to know the results of a 2nd app right behind .. I would expect manual review and 2nd pull and be surprised if it is a single as long as it leads to an approval. If the first is not an instant I would definitely not submit the 2nd app. You do not want to miss the 50K on US Airways. Please let us know how it goes. Good luck!

edit: and juggling around limits was no issue even right after approval and this involved SP CLIs on other cards..3 cards involved in my goal to get the 2,5K US Airways card to a new usable limit of 9,5K

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.