Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Visa Signature Card changing to US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Airways Visa Signature Card changing to US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard

I have US Airways Visa and also a US Airways MasterCard.  The limit on my Visa is higher than that on my MC.  The Visa card is the oldest card that I have.  On 6/23/09 my Visa will become a MC because I guess Bank of America sold them to Barclays. 

1)  How will this affect my FICO score?

2)  Can I really have 2 MC from the same bank?

3)  Anyone else have this issue and have found the answer?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JJF
Contributor

Re: US Airways Visa Signature Card changing to US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard

My MBNA/Bank of America LL Bean VISA card was "converted" to a Barclays LL Bean VISA card.  I can't say if it will be handled the same way or not.

Bank of America did a product change on their card from a LL Bean Visa card to a World Points Visa card.  The open date, limit and payment history on the account stayed the same.

Barclays opened a NEW account with a NEW open date and a hard inquiry for my new LL Bean Visa. 

If you already have a Barclay's Dividend Miles Mastercard, I doubt they will give you two cards.  The Flyer Talk forums report Barclays has been conservative on new cards and most recently does not allow churning.

I would call Bank of America and ask them if they will be doing a product change on your old card.  I also might call Bank of America/Barclays and see if there is an opt out for the conversion if you want to avoid the hard inquiry from Barclays.  Barclays won't give you two "identical  product Dividend Miles Mastercards (as posted on the FlyerTalk forums.)

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by JJF on 05-09-2009 07:36 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.