Did you mean: 

US Airways WMC AF Not Posting, LOL?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

US Airways WMC AF Not Posting, LOL?

Hey all, just curious..

When did everyone's AF post?

Attached is my first statement that cut for the card. I made 3 small purchases - no AF on the statement. It's also not on the online portal as a transaction since last statement. 

Any ideas? My other AF card that I applied for this year, the AMEX Surpass, had the AF on the first billing statement (which I thought was typical)

Thanks for insight as always, guys.Statement Edited.png

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways WMC AF Not Posting, LOL?

Same happened to my father's account. It posted then disappeared. Leaving him with a $114 credit.
Message 2 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't have this card, but as for when an AF is charged it does vary across AF cards. Can be anywhere from the first statement to the 12th, it just depends on the card. Hopefully someone with this card can shed light. I thought that paying the AF was part of getting the bonus miles for this particular card though so I imagine it will be charged sooner than later

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Hey all, just curious..

When did everyone's AF post?

Attached is my first statement that cut for the card. I made 3 small purchases - no AF on the statement. It's also not on the online portal as a transaction since last statement. 

Any ideas? My other AF card that I applied for this year, the AMEX Surpass, had the AF on the first billing statement (which I thought was typical)

Thanks for insight as always, guys.

My AF posted 18 days after my account was approved and 12 days before my first statement cut. I paid it before my statement cut to ensure I got the miles as soon as possible. I ended up getting them in my Dividend Miles account the day after my statement cut I believe. It was either that or the following day.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't have this card, but as for when an AF is charged it does vary. Can be anywhere from the first statement to the 12th, it just depends. Hopefully someone with this card can shed light. I thought that paying the AF was part of getting the bonus miles for this particular card though so I imagine it will be charged sooner than later

Definitely not gong to be the 12th statement.  The attraction of this card is getting the bonus miles right away after the AF posts.  For this card it usually posts just before 1st statement.  In the OP's case that didn't happen but I'm sure it will show up very soon.

Message 5 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sorry, the way I wrote it was a little unclear. I know this card isn't 12th statement -- was more just saying that for AF cards in general it can vary

Message 6 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Nice CLI OP! You should SM them and ask about the AF?

Message 7 of 21
gmason
Contributor

AF posted on 2nd statement for me.

Applied on 12/31. No annual fee on stmt on 1/16. Annual fee appeared on stmt on 2/16 and bonus miles appeared on 2/16 stmt.

So 2nd stmt in my case.

Message 8 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't have this card, but as for when an AF is charged it does vary. Can be anywhere from the first statement to the 12th, it just depends. Hopefully someone with this card can shed light. I thought that paying the AF was part of getting the bonus miles for this particular card though so I imagine it will be charged sooner than later

Definitely not gong to be the 12th statement.  The attraction of this card is getting the bonus miles right away after the AF posts.  For this card it usually posts just before 1st statement.  In the OP's case that didn't happen but I'm sure it will show up very soon.

Yeah, although considering I want the miles to merge with AA, I can wait. Just was curious, because I had seen on the forum that the AF was posted just before the 1st statement, as you said. 

Maybe I'm their 1,000,000th customer and I have no AF Smiley Wink

Good news is I got my companion pass today! Woo hoo!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, although considering I want the miles to merge with AA, I can wait. Just was curious, because I had seen on the forum that the AF was posted just before the 1st statement, as you said. 

Maybe I'm their 1,000,000th customer and I have no AF Smiley Wink

Good news is I got my companion pass today! Woo hoo!

It will show up soon and those 50,000 miles will appear quickly.  The companion certificate is nice. I think I'm going to wait to use mine later in the year when the merger is complete.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.