Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CC

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

US BANK CC

I applied for a US Bank Flexperks Cash Rewards Visa card and went into review.  I called their underwriting department and i was told that it was denied mainly because of the reason showing on my report about a judgement.  she said that judgement status was still saying pending on the CB report.  i advised rep that it has been paid, but no go.  she said even if it has been paid, they go by the information showing on the CR.  i told her that if she notices on my report, it says it's currently on dispute and that i've been disputing the status of it for the past few weeks.  she could tell i was bummed about it so she told me that if i can get the satisfaction of judgement document over to them, that would clear it up and she can then submit it for approval review.  i contacted the court to order copy of document, but unfortunately, since judgement was before Nov 2007, it's not in electronic form for me to just obtain it from their online library.  i have to order it and takes about 7 days for the clerk to get it from storage and deliver it to the court recorder's office for me to copy.  i contacted the law office that handled the lawsuit to get the letter from them, but i was told that i'd have to wait for one of the lawyer they transferred my call to review the account and get the letter to me. 

at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel...if the lawyer calls me within the next couple of days and get me the satisfaction letter.  i sure would hate to have wasted a good HP for an approval pending on how fast some other people can get me the needed document.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: US BANK CC

good luck 

my review took two weeks so you may get lucky if you get the paper 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 2 of 20
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Good luck!  Seems that they are willing to work with you at least.  Sure beats a flat out denial.  Keep us all posted on the outcome.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 20
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Once you get that paperwork submit a copy of it to bureau(s) you are disputing the judgement with.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

thanks everyone for the vote of confidence.  i'm gonna call the court recorder's clerk office tomorrow to see if my file is ready for me to go see.  if it is, since they close at 4 pm and i'd still be at work, the earliest i can go obtain a copy is on Tuesday.  im hoping that between now and then the lawyer would contact me about faxing or emailing me a copy of the letter.  i'll make sure to give an update on what happens.

AndySocal...yeah that's what im going to do.  im sick and tired of EQ not correctly verifying the account and just keep showing it as pending.  the credit analyst from discover cc was right on when she told me that's the item that's gonna give me a hard time since it's not showing the correct status information.

Message 5 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

ok..just wanted to update this thread.  i did not get anything in my fax from the law office that said they were going to fax the letter of satisfaction.  so i took the day off yesterday and went straight to the courthouse yesterday morning.  got a certified copy of the satisfaction of judgement paperwork, called the underwriting department, and faxed copy of the documents to a rep.  he noted my account that i was faxing in the document.  i called this morning and asked the status, if anything has changed.  rep i spoke with said that he does see the note about me faxing in the documents yesterday, but nothing on the system yet.  he said it usually takes about 2 business days for the document i faxed to be imaged and be able to be accessed in their system.

so...it's more of the waiting game.  and i can't find out until wednesday the earliest because of monday being 4th of July.  hopefully all the waiting is worth it.  i really want to start a relationship with US Bank...not just with my newly opened checking account, but also lending relationship.

Message 6 of 20
brian2220
Regular Contributor

That is what I had in mind when I apped for us bank.
Here is an early congrats hopefully and good luck again and keep us updated
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 7 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

thanks brian.  i called them yesterday and the rep i spoke with said that yes, they did receive the fax and is still being reviewed.  told to call back either thursday or friday this week.  *crossing fingers*

Message 8 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

You put I a lot of work hopefully it is about to pay off..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 20
book1773
Valued Member

I applied for the officemax us bank card and originally received a deniel

from them. But after calling the backdoor number the rep said I see you have a judgement from 2008

but its satisfied and I dont know why you were not approved. I am going to forward this to another department for review and

consideration. I will let you know what happens. They said I would receive a letter is 2-3 days

US Bank does have a phone number to check the status on an app but I am not sure

if its up to date information as mine still says its denied.

Check the Status of My Credit Card Application? Please call

• 800-947-1444and choose option 1 for the status of an application. The potential cardmember will be required to enter his/her social security number to locate the application. Additional verification item(s) will be needed to validate.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.