Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

US BANK

I wanted to stop by the forum here before i look further.  Last year US Bank sent several solicitations for various card products. I shredded them.  My question is, do they offer card products in all 50 states now, even though we don't have any branches here in WV?  I know that those solicitations are mass mailed, and some apply, only to be denied because they offer no services in a particular area.  I may cold app for the Cash+ soon, and was wondering if anyone has some insight on this?  I guess i could always call, but thought i'd check here first. When i go to their website it says apply now, but i  don't want a HP for nothing.  Thanks in advance...........

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: US BANK

The cash+ has a limited market, but the flexperks does not. The flexperks may very well be a better product.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 13
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

The cash+ has a limited market, but the flexperks does not. The flexperks may very well be a better product.

Thanks, Dustink--

Appreciate that!  It is a toss up between those two.  In fact, the solications were, i believe, for the Flexperks.  Thanks...

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I don't know if this is true anymore. There is no US Bank branch within 100 miles of Maryland and I had no issues.

Message 4 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

this honestly depends on what kind of card you want.

if you want a cashback card, the cash+ is a much better card than flexperks.

If you want a travel card, the cash+ gives u 5% for hotels only. Airlines is discontinued as far as I know, so it isn't that great anymore. Flexperks would be better in this aspect. But for travel cards, there are other better alternatives imo.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

If you want a travel card, the cash+ gives u 5% for hotels only. Airlines is discontinued as far as I know, so it isn't that great anymore. Flexperks would be better in this aspect. But for travel cards, there are other better alternatives imo.

I still haven't found a card that offers better rewards for domestic travel.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I don't know if this is true anymore. There is no US Bank branch within 100 miles of Maryland and I had no issues.

Nice

Message 7 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I still haven't found a card that offers better rewards for domestic travel.

depends on from where to where you are travelling.

the citi thank you premier is a nice travel card in general but you have to be spending a lot on that card, and be flying quite a bit.

it gives you 1 TY point per mile of flight you fly, so thats a nice plus. if you're on LA to NYC or those cross country flights a lot, those points add up fast. but if you're on very short haul flights, then its quite pointless. your spending also has to match the miles you fly.

also, they're improving rewards on that card starting july. its 3x for dining / entertainment, 2x travel, 1x rest, on top of anniversary and other bonuses.

so in general, it really depends on what flights you're flying and how far the flight itself is.

to add: the ty premier is of course even nicer for international flights. LAX to Korea round trip is about 11k miles. thats bout $110 in rewards alone and roundtrip tickets are about $1000-1200 for korean air, so its a nice 10% discount approx. and you still get miles for that purchase, and redemption of points for flight is 33% bonus or something

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 13
vish1
Valued Contributor

I got my flexperks select rewards in 2011. I don't think there is any US Bank branch here in MA.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 9 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

I got my flexperks select rewards in 2011. I don't think there is any US Bank branch here in MA.

You should think about getting the black flexperks card. The rewards are much better.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.