cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank AeroMexico Secured? I'm drooling!

tag
ptilda
Established Contributor

US Bank AeroMexico Secured? I'm drooling!

I'm looking at this card, and it seems to be a killer deal! 5000 first use miles, double miles on gas & grocery, a complimentary companion ticket, 10% off AeroMexico flights, and a $99.00 companion ticket at each renewal when annual fee is paid. Seriously? In a secured card? I WANT this card!

Can anyone tell me more about it? Will it auto CLI? Will it graduate? Can we increase the deposit amount?

What kind of FICO/baddies/inquiries, etc when you got it?

Did I mention I WANT this card?

Argh!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank AeroMexico Secured? I'm drooling!

Was this in reference to the resucitated thread from Dec 2012 from DustinK?

Message 2 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Quote from the site:

Establish your credit in the U.S and enjoy superior travel rewards

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 13
ptilda
Established Contributor

Yes, I found out about this card going through the old threads. Why don't we hear more? I had US Bank run my credit a couple of weeks ago, because I was checking on a personal loan to help build (beginner mistake). Wonder if they'd use the same report on this? Anyone? 

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ptilda wrote:

Yes, I found out about this card going through the old threads. Why don't we hear more? I had US Bank run my credit a couple of weeks ago, because I was checking on a personal loan to help build (beginner mistake). Wonder if they'd use the same report on this? Anyone? 

No, the same HP will not be used for a CC application.  Separate loan/lending platforms.

Message 5 of 13
ptilda
Established Contributor

Called them today and they said they use the same HP for all applications within 45 days. They said I can get that in writing if/when I go in to fill out the paperwork.

Message 6 of 13
gardoave
Valued Member

I applied for the secured aeromexico card and got approved 7 days later.  The whole process takes about 15-17 days.  I sent in an $800 deposit online as my spending limit.  I am using this card to help build my credit.  US Bank pulled experian when I applied.  The great thing is not only do I get rewards, a $99 companion ticket and double points on gas and groceries but I also have access to experian for free because I am a US Bank credit card holder!  

When I applied, my experian credit score was 523 and in one full month I was able to bring it up to 566.

Starting score: (11/24/13) TU: 517 Eq: 533 Exp: 520
(12/25/13) TU: 595 Eq: 592, Exp: 595
(02/20/14) TU: 637 Eq: 623 Exp:610
(04/09/14) Eq: 639
Message 7 of 13
gardoave
Valued Member

I also forgot to add you can increase your credit limit after 6 months of opening the secured credit card.  To increase your credit limit, you have to send a cashiers check in the mail.  I currently have 4 collection accounts which I am working on and am also in administrative wage garnishment because of defaulted student loans.  

Starting score: (11/24/13) TU: 517 Eq: 533 Exp: 520
(12/25/13) TU: 595 Eq: 592, Exp: 595
(02/20/14) TU: 637 Eq: 623 Exp:610
(04/09/14) Eq: 639
Message 8 of 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

ERT agent on duty!  Is that a seedling I see in your signature?  Smiley Frustrated

Report back to the garden immediately.

Message 9 of 13
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats gardoave do you know if it is a hardpull (HP)to add money to the credit line  BOA hard pulls

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.