Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Aeromexico Secured CLI Denial

tag
gardoave
Valued Member

US Bank Aeromexico Secured CLI Denial

I have an aeromexico secured visa credit card with an $800 limit and finally decided to increase my limit so I sent a cashiers check for $2200.  I called today to get a status on my CLI and the cardmember service rep told me I was denied because of my debt to income ratio.  She also told me another reason the could not approve me for such an increase is because the have to meet some federal guideline which I did not understand.  So my cashiers check is already on its way back and she told me I can send another one for a lesser amount.

Does any of this make sense?  How can they deny someone for a CLI on a credit card?

Starting score: (11/24/13) TU: 517 Eq: 533 Exp: 520
(12/25/13) TU: 595 Eq: 592, Exp: 595
(02/20/14) TU: 637 Eq: 623 Exp:610
(04/09/14) Eq: 639
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gardoave
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Aeromexico Secured CLI Denial

Deny a CLI on a secured CLI?

Starting score: (11/24/13) TU: 517 Eq: 533 Exp: 520
(12/25/13) TU: 595 Eq: 592, Exp: 595
(02/20/14) TU: 637 Eq: 623 Exp:610
(04/09/14) Eq: 639
Message 2 of 5
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

That's US Bank for ya.

I bet she was extremely courteous on the phone though. Their CS has always been nice to me. It's the decisions that are mind boggling.

I have US Bank in the, "girl I can't get" category, makes me keep trying over and over. I have had a bank account, LOC, and a platinum card with them for years. I called the other day to see if I can PC the platinum card, and they politely told me, absolutely, all you have to do is apply!

I don't have a 6 digit balance with them, but i wonder if that would even make a difference. Oh well.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

seems unlikely but the max CL for this secured card isn't $2k is it? I thought they are usually at least $5k.

I HATE HATE HATE reps that mention government as reason for something on my credit... it's STUPID!

call backdoor and speak to underwriting directly.

Message 4 of 5
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

About 2.5 years ago, US Bank denied me for a secured card, stating the same reason. And while I admit that my DTI is high (due to student loans), I have not had many issues with other creditors. I've had a few credit card approvals since I applied for that secured card, including a $10,000 Navy Federal Flagship Rewards, $5,000 Amazon card, and an Amex PRG. Chase would have approved me, but I made a settlement with them in 2011 and they told me they needed one more year of positive history (a total of 3 following a settlement) before they could offer me a card.

I figured with my success, there's no reason US Bank would deny me again. So I applied for a regular credit card with them. They denied me for the same reason.

They have some info on me that they do not like, apparently from a report called ARS, but I don't know much about it.

Anyway, US Bank is completely on my blacklist now.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.