Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve > Samsung Pay

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve > Samsung Pay

Great News! Since my Gear S3 was new, I thought its software was up to date. Last night it received an OTA update. Today I tried again at Publix and Walmart, and they both worked. Will be updating the list above!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 11 of 17
Skymogul
New Contributor

@uswala wrote:

The key is touch and go. Take the mobile near to the card reader's edge which reads the card and then remove it a bit swiftly. If you let it wait more then it will give these errors. 

Yep. Most terminals will beep at you when they successfully register a "swipe". As soon as you hear the beep, snatch your phone away from the terminal.

Message 12 of 17
Skymogul
New Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Great News! Since my Gear S3 was new, I thought its software was up to date. Last night it received an OTA update. Today I tried again at Publix and Walmart, and they both worked. Will be updating the list above!

Only disadvantage of the Gear S3 over using the actual phone is that the Gear will not do barcode membership cards.

Message 13 of 17
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Before I was having an issue where it kept telling me to insert the chip. It seems to have been fixed after the Samsung Gear S3 update. Now it works almost everywhere with a quick tap!

Message 14 of 17
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Skymogul wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

Only disadvantage of the Gear S3 over using the actual phone is that the Gear will not do barcode membership cards.

True! As an iPhone + Apple Watch User, I'm still very impressed at how this works. To get 3X on almost every physical purchase is pretty awesome!

Message 15 of 17
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

So far I've had great luck almost everywhere. For some reason I was unable to get it to work at Starbucks. Has anyone had any luck there?
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only apple pay works at star bucks
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.