Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Amex Flex- Question about reporting to CB and CVV #

tag
cobbson
Regular Contributor

US Bank Amex Flex- Question about reporting to CB and CVV #

I received my new US Bank Amex Flexperks Travel Reward card in today's mail, exactly two weeks after applying on-line in response to a snail mail offer.

I have two questions:

1- In regard to the CVV number - The card has both a three digit number on the back as well as a four digit number on the front (like all amex cards). Which number should I use? My guess is the Amex number on the front since it goes through the Amex system. Resolved-Just paid my cell phone bill on-line and it accepted the 3 digit number on the back of the card.

2- In regard to balance date reporting to the CB's. Would the balance be reported as of the statement date like most credit cards or would it be reported as of the end of each calendar month as US Bank does with all its credit cards and other lines of credit?

Thanks

PS: Real nice looking card by the way Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Amex Flex- Question about reporting to CB and CVV #

@cobbson wrote:

I received my new US Bank Amex Flexperks Travel Reward card in today's mail, exactly two weeks after applying on-line in response to a snail mail offer.

I have two questions:

1- In regard to the CVV number - The card has both a three digit number on the back as well as a four digit number on the front (like all amex cards). Which number should I use? My guess is the Amex number on the front since it goes through the Amex system. Resolved-Just paid my cell phone bill on-line and it accepted the 3 digit number on the back of the card.  Some online merchants or bill payer services may require the 4-digit on the front of the card vs. the CVV # on the back.

2- In regard to balance date reporting to the CB's. Would the balance be reported as of the statement date like most credit cards or would it be reported as of the end of each calendar month as US Bank does with all its credit cards and other lines of credit?  US Bank typically reports at the end of the calendar month for all their cards, including the FlexPerks AmEx.  I have 3 US Bank CCs and they all report at EOM regardless of statement/cycle date.

Thanks

PS: Real nice looking card by the way Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 3
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Amex Flex- Question about reporting to CB and CVV #

Thanks for you rapid reply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.