cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Back-dated my RBS Kroger Card! I think....

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Back-dated my RBS Kroger Card! I think....

I have Creditkeeper, and got my monthly update today.

I know it can be incomplete and that the scores are FAKO. But, it appears on the report that U. S. Bank has back-dated the open date to the original date of May 2009 on both EX and EQ, but not on TU.

In the summary, EX shows my newest card as the Travelocity Amex I opened July 2010, instead of the U. S. Bank that "opened" October 2010, but EQ and TU still show the U. S. Bank as opened in October.

My FAKO EX went up 19 points and EQ went up 24, but the TU went down 1.

Obviously something is going on with the reporting of this card.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DI
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Back-dated my RBS Kroger Card! I think....

If this is true my hard work paid off for everyone!!  The investigation that I prompted was to complete within 60 days.  Its been 60 days. 

Message 2 of 16
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Its TWUE !!! It's TWUE!!!  EX and TU have updated the date to the original Kroger opening date and just waiting for EQ to follow suit.

Thanks again DI.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

I'm still waiting for EQ and TU to update. 

Message 4 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Its TWUE !!! It's TWUE!!!  EX and TU have updated the date to the original Kroger opening date and just waiting for EQ to follow suit.

Thanks again DI.

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!! It's so good to hear happy endings to stories such as this. And great work, DI! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!  My opening date for USBank has corrected to the Kroger1-2-3 opening date on all three CRA’s.

My AAofA has increased .07 years (that’s less than one month’s age – 1 month is .83).  Some of you may see a more significant increase in AAofA.

I’m fine with either opening date reporting, although I prefer the original (Kroger) opening date to the USBank (new) opening date they were originally  reporting.  I’m glad to see the change.  I hope that this becomes the norm for all situations like this.

It's only fair to acknowledge that there were several parties of significance involved in the USBank decision.  I do not hold to the belief that an individual threatening to sue was the deal breaker as USBank took action to report the original Kroger account reporting date.  My experience is that dealing with creditors (especially creditors like USBank that historically treat their customers very well) in a positive way yields more success than holding a lawsuit over their head – especially a lawsuit over reporting an opening date in the same manner that other creditors have, and do, report opening dates for transferred accounts.  And, believe it or not, I still don’t buy Al Gore’s claim to having taken “the initiative in creating the internet” as meaning that he alone was responsible for the internet being born.  I'll give Al credit for providing significant support for the internet; but I hope he comes to understand his role in the process in a realistic way.

ETA:  I note that This has been a process in the works for some time.  We know that a USBank CSR told jaysdad2k back in January that they would update the opening dates. 

Thanks to everyone who was willing to speak up in productive ways and make their concerns (and the appropriate options) known to USBank!

Message 6 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Thanks again DI.

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!! It's so good to hear happy endings to stories such as this. And great work, DI! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 7 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay!  My opening date for USBank has corrected to the Kroger1-2-3 opening date on all three CRA’s.

My AAofA has increased .07 years (that’s less than one month’s age – 1 month is .83).  Some of you may see a more significant increase in AAofA.

I’m fine with either opening date reporting, although I prefer the original (Kroger) opening date to the USBank (new) opening date they were originally  reporting.  I’m glad to see the change.  I hope that this becomes the norm for all situations like this.

It's only fair to acknowledge that there were several parties of significance involved in the USBank decision.  I do not hold to the belief that an individual threatening to sue was the deal breaker as USBank took action to report the original Kroger account reporting date.  My experience is that dealing with creditors (especially creditors like USBank that historically treat their customers very well) in a positive way yields more success than holding a lawsuit over their head – especially a lawsuit over reporting an opening date in the same manner that other creditors have, and do, report opening dates for transferred accounts.  And, believe it or not, I still don’t buy Al Gore’s claim to having taken “the initiative in creating the internet” as meaning that he alone was responsible for the internet being born.  I'll give Al credit for providing significant support for the internet; but I hope he comes to understand his role in the process in a realistic way.

Thanks to everyone who was willing to speak up in productive ways and make their concerns (and the appropriate options) known to USBank!

Hello, beamMeup.  I'm glad you saw an increase in your AAoAs.  I hope that this be the norm too.  No consumer should have to endure any adverse actions because of a bad decision made by a lender.  I held no lawsuit over U.S. Banks' head.  My reason for going after U.S. Bank  was due to my having to pay more for auto insurance.  I didn't open my account in 10/2010  it was opened in 9/2009.  And that's the date it should remain regardless who purchase the account. 

Also, I was very professional with the individual whom I was in contact with throughout the process.  My success with U.S. Bank and GEMB exemplifies my professionalism.    D.I. 

Message 8 of 16
rom828
Established Contributor

Also, I was very professional with the individual whom I was in contact with throughout the process.  My success with U.S. Bank and GEMB exemplifies my professionalism.    D.I. 

DI, going off topic a bit, I must've missed or don't remember your posts on GEMB.

When I was offered Old Navy upgrade to Visa, I was assured would keep the same date, which didnt happen and the Visa reported as new.  At first was advised by CSRs would be corrected, never was. I disputed with CBs and it just came back confirmed and was told by ON  dates would remain w/Visa new. The 'new' acct just turned a year old, but should have turned 3 yrs old Dec 2010. On today's TU score,  I got +10 points for going from 3 to 2 new accts when US Bank oorrected, so I know this can make a difference!

I don't want to hijack this post..or be redundant...but could you please direct me to your GEMB posts if the situation was similar to mine?  If your posts arent pertinent to what I'm dealing with, any advices as to how to deal w/GEMB??  THANKS!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 9 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

DI, going off topic a bit, I must've missed or don't remember your posts on GEMB.

When I was offered Old Navy upgrade to Visa, I was assured would keep the same date, which didnt happen and the Visa reported as new.  At first was advised by CSRs would be corrected, never was. I disputed with CBs and it just came back confirmed and was told by ON  dates would remain w/Visa new. The 'new' acct just turned a year old, but should have turned 3 yrs old Dec 2010. On today's TU score,  I got +10 points for going from 3 to 2 new accts when US Bank oorrected, so I know this can make a difference!

I don't want to hijack this post..or be redundant...but could you please direct me to your GEMB posts if the situation was similar to mine?  If your posts arent pertinent to what I'm dealing with, any advices as to how to deal w/GEMB??  THANKS!

Congrats on your score increase. Every little increase helps. Great to see that US Bank corrected the opening dates.    My situation with GEMB was different.  It was a matter of JC Penney sending my account to an outside collection agency after being paid in full.  Then the collection agency violated the FDCPA. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.