Established Contributor
CribDuchess

US Bank Bill Pay Offer

This month I received an email from US Bank with an offer of earning $5 per month just for paying 5 of my bills using their Bill Pay feature.  I have never used Bill Pay as I'm in the habit of just logging in to my various credit card accounts to make my payment via their site and they then pull the funds from my checking account.  I like the fact that it is pretty quick - most payments are posted the same day I make them online and the funds almost always come out of my checking account the next business day.

If I use this Bill Pay feature, how long does it typically take for US Bank to make the payment to a creditor?  Do they mail a paper check? (I've heard that some banks do this.)  Or do they make the payment electronically?  Anyone have any experience with US Bank's bill pay feature?

I wouldn't mind earning an extra $25 ($5 per month, Aug - Dec) just paying my bills, as long as there isn't a great delay in the payments being posted to my accounts.

bill pay.JPG

FICOs: TU08 841 6/3/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 810 6/10/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $22.5K; Fidelity Amex $15K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: US Bank Bill Pay Offer

I don't have checking with them, but with my other banks:  If they can connect electronically (which is true for most CC payments I have found) it seems to pay by the next business day.  For payments where there isn't an electronic payment, they do indeed send a paper check, and this can take much longer.  But they pay the postage, so it's good for payments that aren't time critical.

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Established Contributor
missjae

Re: US Bank Bill Pay Offer

I bank with Citibank and they do the same thing. When I enter the payee information, it tells me whether the payment can be sent electronically or needs a paper check. For the electronic payments, the payment should post next day. With checks, it takes awhile, just as if you had sent it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+