Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

I want this card so bad for the bill pay.  I already have a Gold checking and savings with them.  I just don't know if I would get approved with my short history..  Side note I love that they are open on sundays at safeway.  I am also from the Bay.

Oh and congrats on the card. I hope you rack up some fat cash back.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I want this card so bad for the bill pay.  I already have a Gold checking and savings with them.  I just don't know if I would get approved with my short history..  Side note I love that they are open on sundays at safeway.  I am also from the Bay.

What do FICO scores look like?  Also what do limits look like?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

thank you for the continuous guidance. It is much appreciated.
I was not trying to get the cash+ for me but for my parents. I think they could easily hit the 5k minimum as they have some other cards above that limit.
As for me getting the card i think im not ready for the 5k yet. My goal is to get the x3cl with amex, cli with citi and get the 2% rewards with barclays Smiley Happy
I am happy to finally get into primeland. No more store cards Smiley Happy
1 inquiry in each report every 6 months is the schedule now.
Maybe in a year and a half-2 years period i may hit the apply button for this baby haha.

As always congratsbon the approval and limit and thank you.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

All I know is my recent TU 08 is 765.  EX was 734 in May from an Amex pull.  All of my reports contain the exact same information, I am sure of that.  So I imagine my EQ is similar to the others. I have no baddies at all.

Limits are:
BCP 6k, Disc 5K, BOA 6k, Chase 2k/1.3k, walmart 5k, amazon 7.5k. util is at 1%

Here is my killer AAoA is 1.9, oldest account 3years give or take.

I am pretty sure they will pull EQ.  They did for you and my DGF. She applied for a platnum card from the same computer I'm using now and they pulled EQ.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
thank you for the continuous guidance. It is much appreciated.
I was not trying to get the cash+ for me but for my parents. I think they could easily hit the 5k minimum as they have some other cards above that limit.
As for me getting the card i think im not ready for the 5k yet. My goal is to get the x3cl with amex, cli with citi and get the 2% rewards with barclays Smiley Happy
I am happy to finally get into primeland. No more store cards Smiley Happy
1 inquiry in each report every 6 months is the schedule now.
Maybe in a year and a half-2 years period i may hit the apply button for this baby haha.

As always congratsbon the approval and limit and thank you.

With aggressive pursuit of CLIs and continued good credit, you could probably get this card in 6 months to 1 year.

Message 15 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

All I know is my recent TU 08 is 765.  EX was 734 in May from an Amex pull.  All of my reports contain the exact same information, I am sure of that.  So I imagine my EQ is similar to the others. I have no baddies at all.

Limits are:
BCP 6k, Disc 5K, BOA 6k, Chase 2k/1.3k, walmart 5k, amazon 7.5k. util is at 1%

Here is my killer AAoA is 1.9, oldest account 3years give or take.

I am pretty sure they will pull EQ.  They did for you and my DGF. She applied for a platnum card from the same computer I'm using now and they pulled EQ.

I heard it is kind of random.  EX EQ TU.  All over the place.  I think you would be okay to apply now.  However don't be surprised if you only get CASH card.  Not the end of the world as with some use, I think you could ask for CLI and upgrade in 6 months or less.  If you used the method of calling for status everyday, you might be able to catch them before they come with final decision and ask for manual underwriting if they only give you CASH or CL less than 5k.  I probably would think about applying if inquiries are okay and income is good.

Message 16 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

When i mentioned 2% barclays, i meant fidelity. I am expecting a second promotion for december and get clis based on that income.
That will most likely help me Smiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 17 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  I have a feeling us bank is not going to give me 5K  Smiley Sad .  I'm going to try for an Amex CLI at 6 months from my last one before I apply and hopefully have a 5 digit line by then.  I would hate to end up with a 2K 1% CC I don't need and hope for PC.  hmm... US Bank you are killing me here. 

Message 18 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I have a feeling us bank is not going to give me 5K  Smiley Sad .  I'm going to try for an Amex CLI at 6 months from my last one before I apply and hopefully have a 5 digit line by then.  I would hate to end up with a 2K 1% CC I don't need and hope for PC.  hmm... US Bank you are killing me here. 

Good point.  But with the bonus from $125 to 100 and Gold package .25% bonus (.5% if you can manage 25k savings), even the 1% card turns into 1.5% card.

Message 19 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
When i mentioned 2% barclays, i meant fidelity. I am expecting a second promotion for december and get clis based on that income.
That will most likely help me Smiley Happy

Fidelity 2% AMEX is nice.  However, Barclay's now has effective 2% card.  THE NEGOTIATOR!  New version of priceline card is effective 2% to be applied to statement credits.  Pretty awesome as will be VISA/MC and widely accepted vs an AMEX.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.