Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CC - Closed - By me

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank CC - Closed - By me

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an idea for where to place the cash you're taking out from them.  Irish80 Australia fund .  Promise to send you a lollipop each month until I have spent it all Smiley Very Happy

Lol

Message 11 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an idea for where to place the cash you're taking out from them.  Irish80 Australia fund .  Promise to send you a lollipop each month until I have spent it all Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCuriousity, you are the king of your castle, master of your dominion, and have decreed that US Bank has wronged you; hence they must be deprived of your very valuable business. So shall it be. I am sure there are other lenders willing to give you more to borrow.Smiley Happy

I have no banking relationship with US Bank other that the Cash+ card. They have been good to me even though I use the card only for 5% categories, since the day I got it, which is a few years now.
Message 13 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
CreditCuriousity, you are the king of your castle, master of your dominion, and have decreed that US Bank has wronged you; hence they must be deprived of your very valuable business. So shall it be. I am sure there are other lenders willing to give you more to borrow.Smiley Happy

I have no banking relationship with US Bank other that the Cash+ card. They have been good to me even though I use the card only for 5% categories, since the day I got it, which is a few years now.

I am just one fish in the pond I doubt they will miss me as I surely won't miss their generous 1k CL.  Only thing I got out of it was free checking that was worth anything.  When most other banks offer this as long as you have direct deposit, nope not Us Bank..  You should be glad you don't bank with themSmiley Happy.  Yes other lenders have been a bit more generous to me, by a bit I mean 5-26x us bank.  Anyways as stated they have credit products for many that are very good such as your Cash+ as this was my hope for the cash rewards CC but then they gave me a 1k limit and wanted another HP to get it to 5k to convert it to a Cash+.  This wasn't going to happen as the Cash+ is a very niche card at best and a shell of what it use to be so opted to just close account.  Anyways we all have reasons for our decision and just expressed my opinion is all.  Cheers

Message 14 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hi CC, i would have maybe made a suggestion that you try a series of PC's thru them but i really dunno if that would make much difference either. It would likely still take a very long time to grow (if at all) and i agree with you that enough is enough sometimes. There comes a time that you just have to take a different turn in your credit goals and management which is better for the future. You likely also noticed my posts over time of holding a US Bank CC ($2K platinum) for over 2 years and then PC to the cash rewards card which also was only recently PC once again this time to the FlexPerks Amex. The only notable experience worth mentioning for me from this latest change was that they did the unimaginable and also included a FIRST EVER for me limit increase with an auto-cli of $1K to bring it to now a $3K limit card. Surprised me but pales in comparison to my others.

I expect to hear a much better positive experience from you in the bank that you DO select to take your new business to because there are always bigger and better fish in the sea waiting for you Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 30
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

I hear a lot of negative things about us bank on here and other forums. I got a visa with a $15k limit and my fiancé got a signature card with $18k limit. I consider myself lucky

Message 16 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@trubliever82 wrote:

I hear a lot of negative things about us bank on here and other forums. I got a visa with a $15k limit and my fiancé got a signature card with $18k limit. I consider myself lucky

Congrats.. They will give out these limits as well if you are in the 800's and haven't applied for much new credit and others stars are aligned as well or you have a very long history with them such as a home loan, etc.  Those are some great limits you and you fiance have with them.. They are either a love or hate relationship with people on this forum and them

Message 17 of 30
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

US Bank can be strange indeed. 

US Bank was the first to resurrect me after a decade long hiatus having no credit file. My limit was small ($2k), but I was just happy to be in the door. Last year, I got a HP CLI increase to 5k.  Since it takes HPs I will not be doing that again, and will let them auto CLI me if they ever do.  Otherwise, this card has seen no action since Oct 2014 and shall continue to see no action.  I got their card to have a relationship for a future auto loan purpose.

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 30
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity you always have to do what is best for you, so CONGRATS on closing those accounts! Furthermore you just got approved for some awesome cards! It does seem that US Bank is a weird beast. I got approved for two Visa Signature cards with 10K+ on each. My scores are mid 700's with 5-6 inquiries. Their online system seems a bit antiquated and now they only let your closing date be either the 1st or the 16th of each month Smiley Frustrated I know a lot of people don't like BoA, but I genuinely feel that they appreciate my business. They just approved me for several fantastic cards, which is one of the reasons I will continue with them as my primary bank! 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 19 of 30
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

It's unfortunate that you had such a bad experience with US Bank. While I don't have any credit cards with them, I have their checking and savings and can say nothing but good things. I may also be biased because my dad works there lol. I know that their conservative lending practices are disappointing to some (myself included), but it's also practices like these which helped keep them out of trouble during all of the recent financial meltdowns. I see both sides of the coin. Like you said, it's just business, and you definitely need to do what's right for you!

Anyways, congrats on thinning your herd. I'm eager to cut out some of the store card bulk that I've accumulated, but it will have to wait until after the mortgage process that DH and I are planning on starting later next summer.

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.