Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CC approval process?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

@Anonymous wrote:
How long has it been since you applied?  There is an automated number you can call to go through the steps of your application status.  I did that a few days after my application and heard the ever pleasant computer voice saying "Congratulations, you have been approved!" message.  So you might give that a go if you're itching to find out the outcome.  Thanks for keeping us posted.  I'm cheering for your happy approval!

Hi Mizu,

I just applied yesterday, Dec. 3.  Do you have the number, or can you tell me exactly where I can find it on line since I applied by phone. I would like to try it. Thanks in advance for the info. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 22
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

1800-USBANKS

That's there general customer service number but you can ask them to be transferred to the CC dept.

Message 12 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. Smiley Very Happy

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 13 of 22
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?
Message 14 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?

Thanks.  I just happen to log onto my accts and saw it there.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 15 of 22
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Possibly helpful bit of info:

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

Possibly helpful bit of info:

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state Smiley Tongue

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 17 of 22
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 

Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! Smiley Wink

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

Message 18 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! Smiley Wink

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

Keep the faith. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. Smiley Very Happy

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM

Hotrodcrazy, did you apply for the premier line at the same time you applied for the CC?  They are definitely two different animals.  The credit criteria is a bit lower to get the permier line, from what I have heard from the bank tellers.  However, I'd say it sounds like you got yourself a big fat approval!  At least I sure hope so.  If you'd still like to check your approval status through that automated number, here it is: 1-800-360-2900 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.