Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

Mizu wrote:
How long has it been since you applied?  There is an automated number you can call to go through the steps of your application status.  I did that a few days after my application and heard the ever pleasant computer voice saying "Congratulations, you have been approved!" message.  So you might give that a go if you're itching to find out the outcome.  Thanks for keeping us posted.  I'm cheering for your happy approval!

Hi Mizu,

I just applied yesterday, Dec. 3.  Do you have the number, or can you tell me exactly where I can find it on line since I applied by phone. I would like to try it. Thanks in advance for the info. 

FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

1800-USBANKS

That's there general customer service number but you can ask them to be transferred to the CC dept.

Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

[ Edited ]

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. :smileyvery-happy:

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM
FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?

Thanks.  I just happen to log onto my accts and saw it there.
FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

Frequent Contributor
jausanka

Possibly helpful bit of info:

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state :smileytongue:

Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

jausanka wrote:

Possibly helpful bit of info:

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state :smileytongue:

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 
FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

Frequent Contributor
jausanka

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 

Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! :smileywink:

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

jausanka wrote:

Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! :smileywink:

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

Keep the faith. 

FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

Contributor
Mizu

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. :smileyvery-happy:

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM

Hotrodcrazy, did you apply for the premier line at the same time you applied for the CC?  They are definitely two different animals.  The credit criteria is a bit lower to get the permier line, from what I have heard from the bank tellers.  However, I'd say it sounds like you got yourself a big fat approval!  At least I sure hope so.  If you'd still like to check your approval status through that automated number, here it is: 1-800-360-2900 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}