Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


Mizu wrote:
How long has it been since you applied?  There is an automated number you can call to go through the steps of your application status.  I did that a few days after my application and heard the ever pleasant computer voice saying "Congratulations, you have been approved!" message.  So you might give that a go if you're itching to find out the outcome.  Thanks for keeping us posted.  I'm cheering for your happy approval!

 

Hi Mizu,

I just applied yesterday, Dec. 3.  Do you have the number, or can you tell me exactly where I can find it on line since I applied by phone. I would like to try it. Thanks in advance for the info. 

FICOS
TU 807 6/26/15
EX 808 4/17/15
EQ 826 7/1/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 25k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k// Venture 23K / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? Winners never quit, and quitters never win
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎03-03-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

1800-USBANKS

 

That's there general customer service number but you can ask them to be transferred to the CC dept.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

[ Edited ]

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. Smiley Very Happy

 

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM
FICOS
TU 807 6/26/15
EX 808 4/17/15
EQ 826 7/1/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 25k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k// Venture 23K / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? Winners never quit, and quitters never win
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎03-03-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Congrats, that's awesome! Did you end up calling them to see what's the status on the cc?

 

Thanks.  I just happen to log onto my accts and saw it there.
FICOS
TU 807 6/26/15
EX 808 4/17/15
EQ 826 7/1/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 25k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k// Venture 23K / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? Winners never quit, and quitters never win
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

Possibly helpful bit of info:

 

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state Smiley Tongue

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


jausanka wrote:

Possibly helpful bit of info:

 

If you don't live in a state with a USBank presence (i.e. MA like me), you will get automatically denied for a credit card through online app.  I don't think I would qualify anyway, but seeing an instant decline irritated me, so I called in to ask for a recon.  After talking to the CSR, turns out they never even pulled a report and denied me based on my address.  He then saw that I had a checking and savings account and said that since I am a current customer, he can review my application manually.  Still probably won't get approved, but at least I know it's because I'm not creditworthy, not because I live in the wrong state Smiley Tongue


 

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 
FICOS
TU 807 6/26/15
EX 808 4/17/15
EQ 826 7/1/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 25k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k// Venture 23K / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? Winners never quit, and quitters never win
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

 

I think you have a shot at it, since you already have acct's with them.  I am sure that helped me.  Good luck to you. 


Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! Smiley Wink

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


jausanka wrote:

Thanks for the good vibes.. I should have mentioned that I only have a checking savings balance of $50/$25 which has been stagnant for 3 months as I got up the courage to hit the apply button.   Only opened the accounts so that I would be a "member" when apping for credit.  Shhhhhh! Smiley Wink

Got Balanced chased AND ratejacked by Citi on two separate accounts in the last two months.  Went from 5.24% on an 11.3k Diamond preferred card to a closed Diamond preferred card with a $3,820 limit and $3,780 balance at 10.24%, and from $9.5k to $7240 on a 0% intro BT Citi Select card.  So my scores are in the toilet all of a sudden (45% util, tons of INQs from mortgage shopping and an app spree in June/July), so not expecting too much from any new apps.

 


Keep the faith. 

FICOS
TU 807 6/26/15
EX 808 4/17/15
EQ 826 7/1/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 25k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k// Venture 23K / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? Winners never quit, and quitters never win
Contributor
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-17-2009
0

Re: US Bank CC approval process?


Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. Smiley Very Happy

 

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-04-2009 01:03 PM

 

Hotrodcrazy, did you apply for the premier line at the same time you applied for the CC?  They are definitely two different animals.  The credit criteria is a bit lower to get the permier line, from what I have heard from the bank tellers.  However, I'd say it sounds like you got yourself a big fat approval!  At least I sure hope so.  If you'd still like to check your approval status through that automated number, here it is: 1-800-360-2900 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.