Did you mean: 

US Bank CC approval process?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Update:  Well its been less than 24 hours since I applied by phone for a cc.  I just logged onto my checking acct with US Bank and to my amazement I see that I now have a "premier line of personal credit" listed in the amount of $15,000.  I am stunned.  I can only assume that I have been approved for a cc but for what amount is still unknown.  I certainly didn't expect this, and in less than 24 hrs.  Christmas does come early sometimes.  Oh happy days. Smiley Very Happy

I forgot to add, int rate on the acct is only 7.25%

Hotrodcrazy, did you apply for the premier line at the same time you applied for the CC?  They are definitely two different animals.  The credit criteria is a bit lower to get the permier line, from what I have heard from the bank tellers.  However, I'd say it sounds like you got yourself a big fat approval!  At least I sure hope so.  If you'd still like to check your approval status through that automated number, here it is: 1-800-360-2900 

Oh I forgot to add, even though I went through the automated response, that phone number is still a 9-5 M-F type of line.  Kinda strange, but so is their website for pre-approval! 

Message 21 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank CC approval process?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hotrodcrazy, did you apply for the premier line at the same time you applied for the CC?  They are definitely two different animals.  The credit criteria is a bit lower to get the permier line, from what I have heard from the bank tellers.  However, I'd say it sounds like you got yourself a big fat approval!  At least I sure hope so.  If you'd still like to check your approval status through that automated number, here it is: 1-800-360-2900 

Oh I forgot to add, even though I went through the automated response, that phone number is still a 9-5 M-F type of line.  Kinda strange, but so is their website for pre-approval! 

Hi Mizu,  Yes I applied for the line of credit and the cc at the same time.  Since I burned an inquiry I thought why not go for it. 

Final update:  Logged onto my online banking and there it was, showing a cc in the amount of $12,000 added to my accts.  So, in less than 48 hrs and on one phone call US Bank gave me a total of $27,000 of new credit.  I still can't believe it since I have had so much trouble getting any credit due to the fact that I have paid in cash for the past 12 yrs or so.  Needless to say I am extremely happy and glad I made the attempt.  US Bank has been good to me.  I sure hope this will help my overall score.  I thank everyone for their help and advice. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.