Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLI - SP normally?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank CLI - SP normally?

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've had my US Bank Kroger card since December so I'm hoping for some kind of SP CLI offer in June. It's gotten some use here and there since I got it. I even put some cell phone termination fees on it. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The DW and I applied for a cu visa through a  small credit union in Phoenix (Deer Valley) and we were declined after  Élan ran a TU. Took 3 weeks to get the decline letter. Said our credit history was too short (oldest accounts 6/14) and ONLY on our TU reports DW and I have one medical collection mine for $200 and hers for $700. She has showing at the time $13,000 in total credit and me $17,000 with utilization just under 30%. Now we are both around $30,000 thanks to Am Ex. Élan even had the nerve to enclose secured credit card apps with the decline letters. I may send them back with a nasty comment to their upper mgmt! Ugh!

i think that bank is a waste of time for all of us rebuilders. They are waaaaay too conservative and if they ever decide to grant credit the limit will be so far behind the more aggressive lenders who took a chance on us, the card won't be worth the space it would take up in our wallets. Smiley Sad     

They were my first card when i started credit. I would have to agree they are too conservative. It took me over 2 years for just a 1500 increase and now im still stuck at 2k. Oh well im either going to close them or keep them SD.

Same here and i don't trust them enough to fill out the CLI request form. I just can't help but think that they would throw out another denial. This is my singlemost longest CC and it just had to be with the tightest CC lender in the business Smiley Mad 

U.S. Bank® Credit Limit Increase 

ENTER YOUR INFORMATION: Step 1 of 3

Please complete this form to request a Credit Limit Increase on your U.S. Bank=

Message 12 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Their criteria may be tougher but as with any creditor it all depends on your credit.  I requested a CLI online, took the HP and doubled the limit on my cash+.  YMMV.

Message 13 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

USB has been very generous IME. 5 digit SL and SP CLIs as early as 6 month intervals.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 16
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I just checked my US Bank Cash + account (I haven't used it much this quarter) and I noticed a message in my message center.  They were offering me a credit line increase.  It seems that a credit line increase does not involve a HP but a credit limit increase does.  At any rate, I took them up on their offer and was instantly approved for a $4500 SP CLI.  I was kind of suprised, so I called and spoke to  CSR who confirmed it was indeed a SP.  I've had the Cash + card since March of '14, so I have year's worth of history on this card thus far.

Message 15 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

The link mentioned on post # 1 might come in handy for people looking at online CLI for cards such as Cash+ where there is no link within the account.

Also, for small CLIs, it's generally SP. I got two CLIs on my two US Bank Cards this month and so far, there are no HP alerts. Checked the actual TU report and there's no HP from US Bank Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-credit-limit-increase-web-site/m-p/4034440#M113...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.