Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLI Stats

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

US Bank CLI Stats

I just wanna know some stats on how long it took you to get some kind of CLI on a US Bank card, specifically the Kroger one? Did you have to take a HP for it online or did you get some kind of auto increase on it. I just want to know for future reference and also because I'm not that familiar with how US Bank works when it comes to increases.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank CLI Stats

I heard some people get a popup box for Kroger soliciting the CLI. I got an auto CLI last month on Cash+. If they wouldn't have told me about it I would have no idea because the website always shows my limit as -- I used Cash+ for monthly gym membership and once in awhile an odd ball charge. I always PIF and got the increase at month 10. They bumped me from $7k to $10.5k. I'm going to start using Kroger again so we'll see.
Message 2 of 6
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Same here, I got a pop up in January for an increase on Platinum then immediately PC'd it to Cash+ in February

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 6
slund5499
Established Contributor

This will be a good information thread.

I had a hell of a time getting my secured account to graduate. Finally got the graduation to the platinum visa, but it took 3 HP (1 for account review to graduate, 1 to graduate and approve for platinum visa and 1 for CLI). I did not get a CLI even though my account was used and PIF for 18 months. The CLI denial was due to lack of payment history....which sucks because the account number changed. The new account is reporting and the old secured account is no longer reporting. Recon attempt failed because of account history.

Stuck for now with $300 CL.....Until I get some luv this is going to the SD.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slund5499 wrote:

This will be a good information thread.

I had a hell of a time getting my secured account to graduate. Finally got the graduation to the platinum visa, but it took 3 HP (1 for account review to graduate, 1 to graduate and approve for platinum visa and 1 for CLI). I did not get a CLI even though my account was used and PIF for 18 months. The CLI denial was due to lack of payment history....which sucks because the account number changed. The new account is reporting and the old secured account is no longer reporting. Recon attempt failed because of account history.

Stuck for now with $300 CL.....Until I get some luv this is going to the SD.

Agreed... I am looking forward to see what people say.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

I just wanna know some stats on how long it took you to get some kind of CLI on a US Bank card, specifically the Kroger one? Did you have to take a HP for it online or did you get some kind of auto increase on it. I just want to know for future reference and also because I'm not that familiar with how US Bank works when it comes to increases.

All of mine have been automatic or preapproved CLIs for both Cash+ or Kroger 123.  I posted a thread the other day on the approvals sub-forum.  I recall getting the first auto-CLI after having each card around the one year anniversary, then sporadically thereafter.  I've also heard of folks calling to see if they have a pre-qualified (SP) CLI but not sure how common that is.  For the most part it seems to be a YEMV situation and a HP if you request one. 

IMO, since you have been busy with recent CC approvals, I would chill for a minute to let things settle down.  I realize it's hard to resist the latest "CC bling" but this can hinder some growth.  US Bank tends to be conservative to an extent and you've seen previous threads of accounts being closed for abrupt or abnormal patterns in people's profiles.  This is not to discourage anyone but something to keep in mind.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.