Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank - CLI every 6 months or no?

tag
Xtina0508
Contributor

US Bank - CLI every 6 months or no?

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone knows the time frame for CLIs with US bank?

The 0% promotional periods are coming to end on 2 of my credit cards and I would like to transfer the balances to my US Bank card (I have an outstanding offer for 0% until Feb 2015). Transferring these balances wouldn’t max out my card, but bring me close to 80% utilization on that 1 card (25% overall) so I was considering requesting a CLI to reduce that a bit. I know that it’s always a HP with US Bank; my concern is that I was given a CLI just over 6 months ago and don’t want to take the HP if I’m going to get denied because of that reason.

Thanks!

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank - CLI every 6 months or no?

@Xtina0508 wrote:

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone knows the time frame for CLIs with US bank?

The 0% promotional periods are coming to end on 2 of my credit cards and I would like to transfer the balances to my US Bank card (I have an outstanding offer for 0% until Feb 2015). Transferring these balances wouldn’t max out my card, but bring me close to 80% utilization on that 1 card (25% overall) so I was considering requesting a CLI to reduce that a bit. I know that it’s always a HP with US Bank; my concern is that I was given a CLI just over 6 months ago and don’t want to take the HP if I’m going to get denied because of that reason.

Thanks!

That's about the suggested timeframe (but it can be requested at anytime) since it would likely result in HP.  There are instances where it is SP, but it would depend on the account's elegibility (sometimes after 12 months from the last CLI) and if the CLI is usually <$1,500.  Otherwise, you can always try for the CLI now to see if you can get some wiggle room; but as you mentioned, it will likely be HP.  Best of luck!

Message 2 of 9
Xtina0508
Contributor

Update: I called US Bank last week to inquire about a CLI. My precious CLI was actually only 5 months ago, but the CSR stated that the 6 month "rule" only applies to secured cards and since it's a HP, you can request a CLI on a regular car at any time.

I pulled the trigger, asked for $4k and when I logged in to my online account this morning, I can see that it was granted. Total limit is $9k. Highest so far! Woooo!
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Xtina0508 wrote:
Update: I called US Bank last week to inquire about a CLI. My precious CLI was actually only 5 months ago, but the CSR stated that the 6 month "rule" only applies to secured cards and since it's a HP, you can request a CLI on a regular car at any time.

I pulled the trigger, asked for $4k and when I logged in to my online account this morning, I can see that it was granted. Total limit is $9k. Highest so far! Woooo!

Congrats on the CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

so wwhat bureau do they pull for CLI
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 5 of 9
Xtina0508
Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:
so wwhat bureau do they pull for CLI

I haven't received an alert yet, so I'm not sure which bureau they pulled from this time (will update when I know). When I got an increase 5 months ago, they pulled TU.

Message 6 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I closed my US Bank card. I didn't like the letter they sent me however. It said they will still process purchases on a closed account and that I would be responsble for the charges. I'm glad I closed this card. It had just hit 1 year.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Xtina0508 wrote:
Update: I called US Bank last week to inquire about a CLI. My precious CLI was actually only 5 months ago, but the CSR stated that the 6 month "rule" only applies to secured cards and since it's a HP, you can request a CLI on a regular card at any time.

Congrats, but I have 3 letters from US Bank in front of me each stating my request for CLI was denied due to having received a credit increase within the past 6 months. When I obtained a second card, that reset the 6 month wait on the previous card, and I don't know why the second 2 requests were denied since I know it was past 6 months by about a week... So even though my cards were obtained January 17th and April 3rd, I still haven't been able to get a CLI, last requests/denials were processed Oct 9th.

My combined credit limit is 15K on those two cards, so I don't really have a complaint there. Its just that they didn't deny me for having too much credit, they denied me each time for being within the 6 month limit. Its annoyingly confusing.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

I will reach my 6 month mark on November 1 (in about 2 weeks) with US Bank, does US Bank counter offer CLI requests if you place one online?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.