Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Anniversary

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Anniversary

So I get an email from US Bank thanking me for my one year with them.  I checked my account thinking there would be a credit increase.  NOT!  I was sadly mistaken.  I am so tempted to close this card, as I know if won't grow.  I've been kicking around closing the few cards I have under $10,000 since I'm not hurting for credit.  That would see me lose US Bank and NASA FCU.  U would keep the CITI Double Cash at $1,000 with hopes that I can grow it.  Will also keep my Amex BCP with a $4,100 limitfor potential growth.  I also have a 5/3 card at $8,000 which I'll keep since it's so close.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Anniversary

Sorry to hear 12..do you use the card frequently....I have both the cash+ and flex travel visa and each had a 3k increase on the 9th and 11th months...the cash plus gets used a lot so I saw the increase in that one on its 9th month....well you have great luck with WF on the cards...I tried 2 times for increases and both times denied, one on a HP...I still do like them thought cuz they did give me a PLOC last month.
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I got the email too. I got a decent auto CLI by putting my monthly gym membership on my Cash+

I suppose it's cheaper than mailing out Starbucks cards.
Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I know.

I thought when i was first approved over 2 years ago now for a US Bank CC account that they would at least keep pace. Didn't happen.

Have tried maybe 3 times on a CLI and they denied every time. Limit is 2K and hasn't budged. US Bank is so lame a lender for me.

Message 4 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:
Sorry to hear 12..do you use the card frequently....I have both the cash+ and flex travel visa and each had a 3k increase on the 9th and 11th months...the cash plus gets used a lot so I saw the increase in that one on its 9th month....well you have great luck with WF on the cards...I tried 2 times for increases and both times denied, one on a HP...I still do like them thought cuz they did give me a PLOC last month.

I don't really use the card.  The highest total has probably been about $400 out of them being stingy with me.  WF is great.  I just got conditionally approved today for a personal loan for $20,000 but they want a listing of all creditors, last W2 and last paystub, plus I'll have to drive 61 miles to sign paperwork.  No thanks, I'll pass.. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I got the email too. I got a decent auto CLI by putting my monthly gym membership on my Cash+

I suppose it's cheaper than mailing out Starbucks cards.

Smiley Wink@ Discover

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

I don't really use the card.  The highest total has probably been about $400 out of them being stingy with me.  WF is great.  I just got conditionally approved today for a personal loan for $20,000 but they want a listing of all creditors, last W2 and last paystub, plus I'll have to drive 61 miles to sign paperwork.  No thanks, I'll pass.. 

If you're really not using it much then you couldn't really expect much movement with it.  Both my US Bank CCs (including Cash+) have received high CLIs (preapproved SPs via email) and I don't run everything through them - just moderate spend.  So, if it's not worth it to you (albeit not meeting the "$10K" threshold for all cards) then you might as well eliminate it.  If your Equality Visa CL gets to be rescinded to $5K, then what?  Bad card?

Message 7 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

If you're really not using it much then you couldn't really expect much movement with it.  Both my US Bank CCs (including Cash+) have received high CLIs (preapproved SPs via email) and I don't run everything through them - just moderate spend.  So, if it's not worth it to you (albeit not meeting the "$10K" threshold for all cards) then you might as well eliminate it.  If your Equality Visa CL gets to be rescinded to $5K, then what?  Bad card?

Pretty much that will be the case.  I have enough stellar cards (to me anyway) with WF, USAA, NFCU, Diners, BofA.  It's no big deal to lose those under 10k.  My Synchrony cards are climbing and all are 10k+.  I don't use the US Bank card because of choice.  It's my perverted way of just holding onto it and making no money for US Bank.  The movement of limits depends on the creditors.  I have cards that I haven't really utilized no where near their potential (i.e. WF,  USAA and BofA) and I've gotten great increases.  Not all lenders follow this model I'm aware but that doesn't stop me from wanting more from those that dont.  It's a credit game and I'll continue playing because I finally have options.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.