cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Authorized User Reporting Practices...

tag
maddox74
Established Member

US Bank Cash+ Authorized User Reporting Practices...

Recently I PC'd an older standard US Bank Platinum card to the Cash+ card, and today I added both of my parents as authorized users on the card.  When I asked if they  reported AU's to the credit bureaus, the CSR said explicitly that they do no report AU's and that they only report 'co-applicants' (read: joint account holders). I triple checked if she was sure that they don't report, or just not able to verify that they do; she said she was sure that they don't report.  I added my parents anyways as AU's in the chance that they do, and when I added them she asked if I would like to add their SSN's to the accounts as well.  I did. I've read some threads where people with AU's on US Bank Platinum confirm that their AU's are getting reported, but I haven't been able to find one way or another on this specific card (not sure if it is card specific).

Does anyone with this specific card have an AU on the card and can confirm whether the AU is reported to the CRA?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nutsaboutrewards
Established Member

Re: US Bank Cash+ Authorized User Reporting Practices...

I'm an AU on my wife's account and it is listed on my report(s) as "A" - authorized.

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2x for $13k/yr) - 6% groceries (including GC), 3% gas, 1% everywhere else
US Bank - Cash+ (2x for 4 categories) 5% restaurants, department stores, wireless, and 1 rotating misc
Chase Amazon - 3% on amazon.com
Chase United - 2% on United/Star Alliance. Original "plat" card/grandfathered. Get 5k PQM/year.
Fidelity Amex - 2% (my main card)
Citi Double Cash - 2% (may become main card)
Fidelity Visa - 1.5% $15k, 2% > $15k/yr (sock drawer since Citi DC)
A few other EMV cards with 0% foreign exchange
Message 2 of 6
maddox74
Established Member

Which card in particular, Platinum or Cash+?

Message 3 of 6
resilient
Established Contributor

Bump

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 6
DollyLlama

I see my Cash+ on my AU's report from May 2013.

Message 5 of 6
resilient
Established Contributor

@DollyLlama wrote:

I see my Cash+ on my AU's report from May 2013.

Great! I just added my sister today to help her rebuild her credit, and gave them her ssn. Hopefully they report at the end of the month!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.