Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

tag
BluMoon
New Contributor

US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

US Bank has dropped their 5% BillPay option for the next quarter.  I can't say I'm really surprised.  What really irks me, though, is that I just went to their web site and as of August 10, 2013, they are dropping the .25% extra rewards on the card if you have the gold checking account and .50% extra rewards if you have the platinum.  I checked and they are not grandfathering anyone in.  Booooo US Bank.  Bad play!Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nishant1
New Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

I am closing my US platinum checking account because it is not worth to pay $18 a month for benefits like free checks etc which I would be rarely using.

Message 2 of 3
nutsaboutrewards
Established Member

Re: US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

There goes one of the better cards on the market. I opened a US Bank checking account because of the bonus. I guess I'll be closing that. I haven't looked yet at the categories. I'm guessing they dropped Airlines too (my two categories).

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2x for $13k/yr) - 6% groceries (including GC), 3% gas, 1% everywhere else
US Bank - Cash+ (2x for 4 categories) 5% restaurants, department stores, wireless, and 1 rotating misc
Chase Amazon - 3% on amazon.com
Chase United - 2% on United/Star Alliance. Original "plat" card/grandfathered. Get 5k PQM/year.
Fidelity Amex - 2% (my main card)
Citi Double Cash - 2% (may become main card)
Fidelity Visa - 1.5% $15k, 2% > $15k/yr (sock drawer since Citi DC)
A few other EMV cards with 0% foreign exchange
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.