New Contributor
BluMoon

US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

US Bank has dropped their 5% BillPay option for the next quarter.  I can't say I'm really surprised.  What really irks me, though, is that I just went to their web site and as of August 10, 2013, they are dropping the .25% extra rewards on the card if you have the gold checking account and .50% extra rewards if you have the platinum.  I checked and they are not grandfathering anyone in.  Booooo US Bank.  Bad play!:smileymad:

New Contributor
nishant1

Re: US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

I am closing my US platinum checking account because it is not worth to pay $18 a month for benefits like free checks etc which I would be rarely using.

Established Member
nutsaboutrewards

Re: US Bank Cash + Card is pulling back on the rewards

There goes one of the better cards on the market. I opened a US Bank checking account because of the bonus. I guess I'll be closing that. I haven't looked yet at the categories. I'm guessing they dropped Airlines too (my two categories).

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2x for $13k/yr) - 6% groceries (including GC), 3% gas, 1% everywhere else
US Bank - Cash+ (2x for 4 categories) 5% restaurants, department stores, wireless, and 1 rotating misc
Chase Amazon - 3% on amazon.com
Chase United - 2% on United/Star Alliance. Original "plat" card/grandfathered. Get 5k PQM/year.
Fidelity Amex - 2% (my main card)
Citi Double Cash - 2% (may become main card)
Fidelity Visa - 1.5% $15k, 2% > $15k/yr (sock drawer since Citi DC)
A few other EMV cards with 0% foreign exchange

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}