cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ - Chances of Getting this?

tag
schrute
Contributor

US Bank Cash+ - Chances of Getting this?

My EX is 787, but I have a collection account that is 2-3 years old on there. What are my chances of getting a US Bank Cash+ card? US Bank is around the corner from me.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ - Chances of Getting this?

@schrute wrote:

My EX is 787, but I have a collection account that is 2-3 years old on there. What are my chances of getting a US Bank Cash+ card? US Bank is around the corner from me.

what's your AAoA, util ratio, limits on other cards (approx amt will do, like whether its >5k)? do you have a banking relationship with them?

i am asking for your other limits only because the cash+ is a visa signature and sometimes banks like to match whatever CL you have gotten, rather than being the guinea pig themselves.

is your score a fako or fico?

which bureau does us bank pull btw? always been wondering about this. i am in socal, california.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 20
schrute
Contributor

AAoA is ~7 years, $20K on a VISA at an CU, and $10K with another CU. Util ratio is 2%. I've never banked with US Bank.

My score is from the CU when I got the VISA, so I'm guessing its a FICO. But I have a collection on my reports, the only bad.

Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Im a little skeptical about a 787 score being a FICO with a recent baddie.

Only way to know is to app. Is the baddie paid at least?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

if your score is a fico, or a fako that isn't way too far off from your actual fico, you stand a good chance.

if you want to be absolutely on the safe side, you should try to get the collections removed. how much is the collection amount?

overall i think you stand a good chance, as long as that collection amount isnt excessively high. its almost 100% guaranteed u will get approved for that platinum if u dont get approved for cash+ though.

does anyone know which CRA does US bank pull for socal, california?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 20
schrute
Contributor

Its about 2 grand. Tough, because I don't know who the JDB is for it. They pull EX here in CA.

Message 6 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@schrute is the collection paid?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 20
schrute
Contributor

Not paid. 787 score came from the Credit Union after they did a soft pull on my account. I have a pretty good thick file (mostly student loans) with 16 open accounts and 36 total accounts. Only baddie is one unpaid collections (no chargeoff).

Message 8 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

damn! another company that pulls EX. Most of the cards I'm interested in happens to pull EX for some reason Smiley Sad

With an unpaid recent collections, that might make things hard. I don't really know how strict/easy US Bank is with for their credit cards, so it's hard to tell you accurately as well.

did your CU use a FICO score? Or was it a vantage score or a FAKO?

If you want to be safe, use creditseasame (it's free) or some kind of monitoring service that pulls EX or all 3 for your FAKO. If possible, get a few to have a good estimate of your FICO by looking at a few FAKOs. 

Message 9 of 20
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't give up the HP in this situation. If they're anything like Amex, unpaid collectons aren't gonna fly.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.