cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Changes Rumors Might Be True!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Changes Rumors Might Be True!!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Changes Rumors Might Be True!!!!!

Brrr it's cOLD in here.

jk Smiley Tongue

Yes, I belive it is true.  Confirmed by multiple sources at US BANK. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 7
nishant1
New Contributor

US Cash + changes to 3 categories will become effective 15th Feb 2013 so those who want to take advantage of going away categories, 14 Feb will be the last day.

Bonus & $2000 cap per quarter changes will take place from 1st July 2013.

Message 3 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@nishant1 wrote:

US Cash + changes to 3 categories will become effective 15th Feb 2013 so those who want to take advantage of going away categories, 14 Feb will be the last day.

I would be very surprised if they actually got rid of them for people who have chosen them before the end of 1Q, as that is what we "signed up" for.  Of course, legally they can, as they can alter or discontinue the program, but I would think it would cause too much trouble for little gain.   So if the Feb 15 date has any truth, I would guess it means that new card members joining after Feb 15 will not see those categories as an available choice, and it will disappear for all either April 1 (end of Q1) or Jul 1 (end of Q2).  But I haven't seen anyone confirm Feb 15.

Message 4 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

I would be very surprised if they actually got rid of them for people who have chosen them before the end of 1Q, as that is what we "signed up" for.  Of course, legally they can, as they can alter or discontinue the program, but I would think it would cause too much trouble for little gain.   So if the Feb 15 date has any truth, I would guess it means that new card members joining after Feb 15 will not see those categories as an available choice, and it will disappear for all either April 1 (end of Q1) or Jul 1 (end of Q2).  But I haven't seen anyone confirm Feb 15.

OK, just got mail from US Bank.  The Feb 15th date is when we can begin choosing 5% categories for Q2, and that is when I assume the categories go away.  But we will continue to use them until the end of Q1

Message 5 of 7
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Did anyone ever find out if they view Amazon as a bookstore?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 6 of 7
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

Did anyone ever find out if they view Amazon as a bookstore?

We won't know until they give up the MCC codes they use for the "bookstores" bonus.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.