Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + (Plus) vs. PenFed Platinum Rewards Card

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + (Plus) vs. PenFed Platinum Rewards Card

If it came right down to it, which card would you choose and why?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + (Plus) vs. PenFed Platinum Rewards Card

I'm normally not a fan of cash back cards, but if I had to choose one I'd go with PenFed. It doesn't charge forex, which is a really big deal if you spend most of your time outside the US like I do.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

If it came right down to it, which card would you choose and why?

It depends what you're going to use it for. 

Ron.

Message 3 of 5
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

Both!!! They are good for different stuff, Penfed for Gas and Groceries, Cash + for bills. I would say Penfed first Cash+ second, I am gonna apply for both, they pull different Bureau anyway

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Neither. Go with the US Bank Flexperks card. With a package checking account, you get a decent amount of bonus points.

You can choose to get a statement credit with the rewards, or you can get twice as much out of the points by paying for flights.

The bonus points are better too. Currently, they are offering either a $150 statement credit or $300 in airfare just for signing up. The annual fee is waived by either spending a couple thousand per month or by talking to customer service.

So far, I have been earning around 4% rewards. They are also pretty generous about giving bonus/courtesy points.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.