Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 8,660
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


longtimelurker wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Not me so far, just got mine in July.


You might be out of luck as they instituted some changes around Jul 1, and if you got the card after that I think things like the caps were in force.  But who knows!


wah wah... LOL.... Mine was approved on Jul 11.  I'll keep my eyes peeled though just in case.

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus

I just called again. I was told there's a 2k cap for 5%. Maybe you guys don't have the cap since you got it before the first wave of nerfs were even implemented.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor
Posts: 10,611
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus

Good point.   They generally do seem to be good about notification, I have received sooo many messages about the $25 bonus now being once per year, and when they got rid of the "bad" 5% categories, so I remember being surprised seeing the cap suddenly appear on the web site.

 

The letter did say that they had wrongly informed us about the cap, but I don't recall when they did that.  Still, I won't phone up and offer to return the $10 and tell them to put a cap on my account.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 8,660
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


enharu wrote:
I just called again. I was told there's a 2k cap for 5%. Maybe you guys don't have the cap since you got it before the first wave of nerfs were even implemented.

Just called too... confirmed as well, $2K cap for 5%...wah wah....sad violin plays....lol

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:
I just called again. I was told there's a 2k cap for 5%. Maybe you guys don't have the cap since you got it before the first wave of nerfs were even implemented.

Just called too... confirmed as well, $2K cap for 5%...wah wah....sad violin plays....lol


This is getting confusing :/

 

I sent an email to US Bank last week, and just got a response back.

In the email I am told there's no cap for my account.

The cap is instituted only for cardmembers who got their cash+ card after July 1st 2013.

 

And then I called in again just to re-verify.

Was put on hold for about 5-10mins while the rep went to do some research, and she said my account has no cap on the 5% category.

Since there's no cap..........I tried to ask for a CLI and was told it will be a HP. They can't do a SP CLI for me. So I gave up on the CLI request for now.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,276
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus

I'm sure glad I didn't get a US Bank card... Or did I? Haha.
They seem to be lacking in many areas. LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 8,660
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus

They may have nerfed some of the benefits (i.e. categories) but it is still a very good card overall.  Even with the caps (depending on whether you have other cards that compliment other spend categories), it still works out decently.

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I'm sure glad I didn't get a US Bank card... Or did I? Haha.
They seem to be lacking in many areas. LOL

well the cash+ rewards are great and I haven't had any issues with them, so I don't have any complaints.

Customer service wise they're pretty much about the same as Wells Fargo / Citi / Bank of America. I don't really call any of my banks on a frequent basis, so it doesn't really matter.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor
Posts: 10,611
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


enharu wrote:

FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:
I just called again. I was told there's a 2k cap for 5%. Maybe you guys don't have the cap since you got it before the first wave of nerfs were even implemented.

Just called too... confirmed as well, $2K cap for 5%...wah wah....sad violin plays....lol


This is getting confusing :/

 

I sent an email to US Bank last week, and just got a response back.

In the email I am told there's no cap for my account.

The cap is instituted only for cardmembers who got their cash+ card after July 1st 2013.

 

And then I called in again just to re-verify.

Was put on hold for about 5-10mins while the rep went to do some research, and she said my account has no cap on the 5% category.

Since there's no cap..........I tried to ask for a CLI and was told it will be a HP. They can't do a SP CLI for me. So I gave up on the CLI request for now.

 


As you say, confusing, but, at least for now, good news!

 

Wish I had known a) about lack of caps and b) that my vet counts as a charity.  Put about $12K on vet bills on other cards earlier...

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank Cash Plus


longtimelurker wrote:

enharu wrote:

FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:
I just called again. I was told there's a 2k cap for 5%. Maybe you guys don't have the cap since you got it before the first wave of nerfs were even implemented.

Just called too... confirmed as well, $2K cap for 5%...wah wah....sad violin plays....lol


This is getting confusing :/

 

I sent an email to US Bank last week, and just got a response back.

In the email I am told there's no cap for my account.

The cap is instituted only for cardmembers who got their cash+ card after July 1st 2013.

 

And then I called in again just to re-verify.

Was put on hold for about 5-10mins while the rep went to do some research, and she said my account has no cap on the 5% category.

Since there's no cap..........I tried to ask for a CLI and was told it will be a HP. They can't do a SP CLI for me. So I gave up on the CLI request for now.

 


As you say, confusing, but, at least for now, good news!

 

Wish I had known a) about lack of caps and b) that my vet counts as a charity.  Put about $12K on vet bills on other cards earlier...


Yea I wish I had known about the caps as well. I put a lot of spending on my Amazon visa in August / September because I thought I had already reached the cap. Not so bad I suppose, since it's just about $50-60 difference in rewards.

 

But on the bright side at least I now have a definite answer before I do any of my holiday shopping.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.