cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Question

tag
GilThorp

Re: US Bank Cash+ Question

Let me know if they let you pc.  I bank with US Bank and I wanted to PC my Platinum to Cash+ but the banker told me I could not do it,  so now I have cash+ and the platinum card.

American Express: PRG (NPSL), BCP (30K),ED (30K)
Chase: United Explorer (26.4K), IHG Premier (26.4K), Amazon Prime (10K)
US Bank: Cash+ (10K), Platinum (6K), LOC (10K)
Citibank: AA Plat (15K)
Barclay: AA Aviator (15K)
Discover: IT (17K)
FICO 844, Ex, 822, TU 830 (10/18)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 11 of 17
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

I live in south florida, fort lauderdale, nearest branch is 1000 miles away, I have no relationship with US Bank, I apped over the phone, just called in and asked if I can and the rep said, yes, for sure, we proceded and it took less then 10 mins, I was approved for $7500 CL, they pulled equifax for me, my equifax was at 736.

some people have not been able to app over the phone for some reason, I say, if they say no, just hang up and call again, it can be done over the phone. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APPLY IN BRANCH. 

the apr is like 15% and there is no af.

This is a YMMV, there have been more than a few who have tried and either were approved with another product or were denied.  

I can recall one poster who received a FlexPerks because they lived in NJ and another from Texas, that took the HP only to receive a letter stating the account could not be opened.

I must agree with lexie, I guess it is a YMMV thing, I was not aware that others have gotten those type of letters etc. but it does seem to be a contridiction that some would be denied the cash+ but others like me was able to get it. it seems weird.

Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slap_happy wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

I live in south florida, fort lauderdale, nearest branch is 1000 miles away, I have no relationship with US Bank, I apped over the phone, just called in and asked if I can and the rep said, yes, for sure, we proceded and it took less then 10 mins, I was approved for $7500 CL, they pulled equifax for me, my equifax was at 736.

some people have not been able to app over the phone for some reason, I say, if they say no, just hang up and call again, it can be done over the phone. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APPLY IN BRANCH. 

This is a YMMV, there have been more than a few who have tried and either were approved with another product or were denied.  

I can recall one poster who received a FlexPerks because they lived in NJ and another from Texas, that took the HP only to receive a letter stating the account could not be opened.

I must agree with lexie, I guess it is a YMMV thing, I was not aware that others have gotten those type of letters etc. but it does seem to be a contridiction that some would be denied the cash+ but others like me was able to get it. it seems weird. 

Not weird at all IMO.  Lexie is on point and there have been anectodal experiences for individuals who do not get the product as intended or expected (a lesser one or denied/not elegible).  While we realize that you had better luck in obtaining the product, that doesn't speak for hundreds or thousands of other applicants desiring the same results.  Again, can't emphasize this enough, YEMV.

Message 13 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, when you have a mixture of experiences, it's often hard to know at first which behavior is the "correct" one.    slap_happy  had no problem getting the card over the phone, and thus, at least initially, couldn't see why people were saying that you HAVE to apply in a branch.  

I think the majority of reports here suggest that slap_happy was lucky, and some CSR possibly misunderstood the policy and gave him/her the card.  The fact that all the official US Bank stuff says you have to apply in a branch favors this interpretation.   

But, with one success, and not much effort involved, others may want to try to see if they can also get a similar CSR!

Message 14 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yes, when you have a mixture of experiences, it's often hard to know at first which behavior is the "correct" one.    slap_happy  had no problem getting the card over the phone, and thus, at least initially, couldn't see why people were saying that you HAVE to apply in a branch.  

I think the majority of reports here suggest that slap_happy was lucky, and some CSR possibly misunderstood the policy and gave him/her the card.  The fact that all the official US Bank stuff says you have to apply in a branch favors this interpretation.   

But, with one success, and not much effort involved, others may want to try to see if they can also get a similar CSR!

+1

Well said longtimelurker.

Message 15 of 17
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

Not weird at all IMO.  Lexie is on point and there have been anectodal experiences for individuals who do not get the product as intended or expected (a lesser one or denied/not elegible).  While we realize that you had better luck in obtaining the product, that doesn't speak for hundreds or thousands of other applicants desiring the same results.  Again, can't emphasize this enough, YEMV.

im sorry finstar but I think it is weird IMO, I had to recon my app and had 2 different CA in underwriting look at my app, if I was "lucky" in getting this product I dont think it would pass 2 different CA's in underwriting, were not talking CSR's here, CA's should know what is allowed by the bank. 

there is obviously some type of contridiction here that someone with no relationship and a 1000 miles away from a branch can get this card but someone else getting told that it is impossible and getting a completly different product then what was apped for, if that is not weird then I dont know what is.

but what we all can agree on is that this is YMMV

Message 16 of 17
Omri
New Contributor

I just want to throw in one piece of information.

I applied for the Cash+ last November and got the crappy 1% card instead, which was a surprise to me, since I had very good credit. I just recently went back to a branch to see if I could get upgraded to the Cash+ (which I did). The very helpful teller told me that they automatically downgrade anyone who doesn't have at least 5 years of credit history. I think I was at 3 or so. If you do get downgraded, just go back to a branch after 3-6 months of use and see if you can get the Cash+.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.