Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Requirements

tag
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Requirements

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:
I was under the impression that US Bank pulls EQ. I guess it depends on what geographical area you are in. Can anyone confirm that US Bank only pulls TU?

@destine2grow wrote:
I was under the impression that US Bank pulls EQ. I guess it depends on what geographical area you are in. Can anyone confirm that US Bank only pulls TU?

I've read they pull others out West (CA, etc). US Bank only pulls TU here. 

Where is here? I am in Fl and would like to apple sometime next year. If they pull TU that's awesome as it is currently higher than EQ.

Message 11 of 29
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

Where is here? I am in Fl and would like to apple sometime next year. If they pull TU that's awesome as it is currently higher than EQ.

KY. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 12 of 29
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

KY. 

Ok thanks 

Message 13 of 29
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

I applied this past Friday over the phone since I am in Texas. They pulled EX on me. Of course the one with the most inq by far and one of the reasons I got the lesser rewards card. I guess I will be buying a pack of gum every month for 6 months before US bank sees any actual money from me. Quite frustrating. Both underwriters I spoke to have separate denial reasons, but it seems like the rough requirement is around 2 years aaoa and less that 5 or so inq. More guidelines than hard rules. YMMV
AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on Sunday and they pulled Experian for me as well (Los Angeles here). I previously had 5 inquiries on EX (my worse report) and with US Bank, makes 6. Also my application have been processing for 3 days now, I absolutely hate they wait and have been calling everyday hoping to get lucky.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for this card over the phone (Signature version) which just put me on with a CSR from my local branch. They asked some basic information, time at current job, at current address, yearly gross income, etc, they pulled Transunion (CA.) FICO score 758 which only 1 Inq on it in the last 6 months.

I was initially approved for a 9K limit, but since I had a 13+ history with USBank with another Visa Signature card at 25k limit and a $0 balance, I requested it be raised and they approved it for 15k. They put me at the higher 17.9% APR which is a bit above the lowest 13.9%, and they wouldn’t budge on that even tho I asked them to reconsider, Im guessing because my Transunion score isn’t closer to the 800s. Im not concerned about the APR, since I'm paying it off each month anyway.

I have quite a few new lines of credit in the last 2 months, but it doesn't seem to have bothered them.

This will be my fun on the town card. Smiley Very Happy

(PS) As a side note, I initially called to do a product change, converting my REI Visa signature over to this card (the 25k card), but they wouldn’t do it, said it didn’t qualify for a product change, but I was pre-qualified to apply for the Cash+ card. When they originally auto approved me for 9k credit limit, I asked if they would do a CL transfer, and they said they couldn’t do that either, tho they would reconsider the credit line if I wanted to wait a day for a loan officer to review the application. Never hurts to ask, and I havnt seen any evidence of another Hard Pull.

Message 16 of 29
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

For some time, I was planning to app for the Cash+ after my first two cards had aged more, but I found some troubling information in another thread that suggests it will be out of reach for awhile. The thread mentions that they require 3 years at the same address, and a 3 year business history (not sure if this means the same workplace or not?).  Can anyone comment on if this is the norm or not? I'd really like to have it and use it for dining for the 5%.

I've seen that the minimum to start is a 5k CL, which is another reason to wait awhile before applying I believe, since I'm not at that threshold with other cards yet.

OP, US Bank tends to be a conservative lender but the tales of the Cash+ being a nearly impossible card to get are greatly exaggerated.  It does help to:

1.  Have a score around or greater than 700

2.  Have some type of relationship with US Bank (but this is not a requirement)

3.  Have at least one other open line of credit >$5,000

You also need to be at a certain income level (I believe it's $30,000/year or greater).

When I applied, I was instantly approved for $5,000.  They actually solicited me in the drive-thru...lol!  I had come off a 6 TL app spree just two months before.  My TU 04 score was 697 per approval letter (it had dropped about 30 points in 2 months due to all the new credit and INQ).  So what worked to my benefit?  

1.  Overall UTIL was ~1%

2.  Had a long relationship with US Bank (10+ years)

3.  Had good amount of cash in both savings and checking. 

4.  Had another card (Platinum) with them.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Message 17 of 29
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

For some time, I was planning to app for the Cash+ after my first two cards had aged more, but I found some troubling information in another thread that suggests it will be out of reach for awhile. The thread mentions that they require 3 years at the same address, and a 3 year business history (not sure if this means the same workplace or not?).  Can anyone comment on if this is the norm or not? I'd really like to have it and use it for dining for the 5%.

I've seen that the minimum to start is a 5k CL, which is another reason to wait awhile before applying I believe, since I'm not at that threshold with other cards yet.

OP, US Bank tends to be a conservative lender but the tales of the Cash+ being a nearly impossible card to get are greatly exaggerated.  It does help to:

1.  Have a score around or greater than 700

2.  Have some type of relationship with US Bank (but this is not a requirement)

3.  Have at least one other open line of credit >$5,000

You also need to be at a certain income level (I believe it's $30,000/year or greater).

When I applied, I was instantly approved for $5,000.  They actually solicited me in the drive-thru...lol!  I had come off a 6 TL app spree just two months before.  My TU 04 score was 697 per approval letter (it had dropped about 30 points in 2 months due to all the new credit and INQ).  So what worked to my benefit?  

1.  Overall UTIL was ~1%

2.  Had a long relationship with US Bank (10+ years)

3.  Had good amount of cash in both savings and checking. 

4.  Had another card (Platinum) with them.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Thanks for the details. I have a TU 08 at 721, but if I paid down my Sallie Mae the util would bring that up, but TU 04 would be under 700 most likely. I don't have a relationship with them. They don't service my area so I wouldn't be able to open a checking account as others have suggested. I'm past the income you said though. I'll wait for the Sallie Mae to be increased past 5k and then see what I can get TU 08 up to, but then probably still wait.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 18 of 29
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

im in fort lauderdale, fl, and they pulled EQ for me. this was 9 months ago.

Message 19 of 29
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

im in fort lauderdale, fl, and they pulled EQ for me. this was 9 months ago.

Thanks slap_happy!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.