cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@yfan wrote:

Basically, no credit card company can sustain paying more than 2% on any given category with no annual fee forever.

Except Discover and Chase, and in Discovers case they charge a higher swipe fee to make up for it.

I'd mention Sallie Mae too but I don't think that card has been around a long time yet.

Right, I think more that no cc can offer more than 2% UNCAPPED forever without an AF or equivalent (BC's threshold for example).   The hope is that enough people use the card in other categories to make money, and even if they don't, total exposure is limited (e.g. to $300 in the case of Freedom and Discover IT)

What about the OBC.

Message 171 of 175
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@yfan wrote:

Basically, no credit card company can sustain paying more than 2% on any given category with no annual fee forever.

Except Discover and Chase, and in Discovers case they charge a higher swipe fee to make up for it.

I'd mention Sallie Mae too but I don't think that card has been around a long time yet.

Right, I think more that no cc can offer more than 2% UNCAPPED forever without an AF or equivalent (BC's threshold for example).   The hope is that enough people use the card in other categories to make money, and even if they don't, total exposure is limited (e.g. to $300 in the case of Freedom and Discover IT)

What about the OBC.

It got abused because it was uncapped that why there were mass shutdowns ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 172 of 175
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@yfan wrote:

What about the OBC.

Yep!

Message 173 of 175
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@yfan wrote:

What about the OBC.

Yep!

My post talks about the threshold on BC, which is the equivalent of an annual fee  (on the first $6,500 you get a lower rate than you would get on other cards)

Message 174 of 175
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

My OBC is still kickin, after i met minimum spend i only spend less then $1.5k a month now. Still cashed out all my rewards just in case though.

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 175 of 175
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.