cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

I'd have rather that they just lowered the quarterly 5% spending cap than eliminate restaurants as a 5% option altogether. The other categories aren't exactly everyday spend options, which makes this card much less attractive for frequent use. Smiley Sad 

Smiley Sad Also looks a lot cooler handing the server a Cash+ card rather than a Sam's club card in the restaurant. Smiley Very Happy

Mine is so worn out from swiping that all you can see is a little silver dot from the top of the "h", it looks like an unbranded usbank card with a gold + Smiley Tongue

Smiley Sad Sorry to say mine looks the same way!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 21 of 175
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still a bit interested in the card as long as Fast Food stays at 5%, but the outlook for this card is so poor, I don't know if we should count on any 5% categories staying too much longer. What do you guys think?

Message 22 of 175
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still a bit interested in the card as long as Fast Food stays at 5%, but the outlook for this card is so poor, I don't know if we should count on any 5% categories staying too much longer. What do you guys think?

I would certainly hold off until we see exactly what the next quarter categories are going to be.  Although, the future prognosis of this card is somewhat bleak if they continue to nerf all the 5% categories down to non-essential options or categories that one spends a relatively low amount on monthly.

Message 23 of 175
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They will have them I believe but will the categories be worth having remains to be seen. When they nerfed bill pay and limited to one $25 bonus a year tells the story of the direction they are heading. They hooked us now their reeling us In.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 24 of 175
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'm severely annoyed with this.  Smiley Indifferent I know we're not talking about a huge amount of money here, but it really is the only useful part of the Cash + for me since I have the ink for any phone/cell expenditures. 

May have to talk to Sam's about changing my store card to the mastercard now. 

Message 25 of 175
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

I'm severely annoyed with this.  Smiley Indifferent I know we're not talking about a huge amount of money here, but it really is the only useful part of the Cash + for me since I have the ink for any phone/cell expenditures. 

Time to pick up cs maybe for you so you can get some UR points for eating out ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 26 of 175
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Eww.   Well, looks like I won't be aiming for a Cash + card anymore

It's off my list also.

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 175
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

Time to pick up cs maybe for you so you can get some UR points for eating out ?

I have the Sapphire.. got rid of the CSP as it wasn't valuable to me after the first year. I'll just shift a lot more spending to the Arrival instead probably.

Message 28 of 175
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

My Cash+ Statement which I received today (In Minneapolis) didn't mention any of this. Fast Food was always much more useful to me than Restaurants. And as long as they have Bookstores along with the $25 annual bonus, the Cash+ cards will be useful to me.

Actually, a large number of my Drugstore purchases are very small transactions, so I already applied for a Discover Checking card a few minutes ago. So I was planning to move most Drugstore (CVS) purchases to that anyways.

restaurant-gas.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 29 of 175
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

My Cash+ Statement which I received today (In Minneapolis) didn't mention any of this. Fast Food was always much more useful to me than Restaurants. And as long as they have Bookstores along with the $25 annual bonus, the Cash+ cards will be useful to me.

Actually, a large number of my Drugstore purchases are very small transactions, so I already applied for a Discover Credit card a few minutes ago. So I was planning to move most Drugstore (CVS) purchases to that anyways.

restaurant-gas.png

Mine came with the message about the rewards information and about my $25 bonus would take 4 to 6 weeks to get. All I did was copy and paste the information. It's up to you if you believe me or not.

Message 30 of 175
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.