cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Restaurants category downgraded to 2% next quarter...

Yes, makes the CSP a lot more attractive.
Message 81 of 175
wiivile
New Contributor

CSP + Freedom is now the best way to go for restaurants I guess? I want to cancel my Cash+ now because it's useless but over 40% of my total credit line is on it....

Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,700 CL
Message 82 of 175
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@wiivile wrote:

CSP + Freedom is now the best way to go for restaurants I guess? I want to cancel my Cash+ now because it's useless but over 40% of my total credit line is on it....

Depends.  Chase AARP offers 3% cash back.  However, if you utilzie the Freedom at 5% and or CSP at 2x points, transfer Freedom points to CSP, then transfer CSP points to travel partner you can max out your rewards.  I am not sure if there is a better combination now that the Cash+ is being nerfed.

Message 83 of 175
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:
Yes, makes the CSP a lot more attractive.

Akula , how far apart did you app both citi double and nasa ? what were your limits on those and did you request limit increase on your citi double for additional hard pull ?

Message 84 of 175
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Citi DC 9/10 9.5k CL. NASA 9/24 30k. I have not requested CLI on Citi - at this point, I can not afford any more inquiries. My recent app spree of 10 cards cost me 5 inq on EX, 4 on EQ and 4 on TU.

Chase double pulled on each card, so they accounted for 46% of my inquiries. I guess it could have been worse..
Message 85 of 175
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:
Citi DC 9/10 9.5k CL. NASA 9/24 30k. I have not requested CLI on Citi - at this point, I can not afford any more inquiries. My recent app spree of 10 cards cost me 5 inq on EX, 4 on EQ and 4 on TU.

Chase double pulled on each card, so they accounted for 46% of my inquiries. I guess it could have been worse..

geeze well good thing nasa was soft pull so had no effect in applying citi. i keep forgetting that applying citi will not hurt knowing nasa is soft pull so maybe i can wait. if nasa gives me a good credit maybe my score will go up and then go apply citi than applying now. thats why  i was seeing how far apart did you apply. I have offer from first national bank of ohama which pulls experian hard and it expires tomorrow but dont want risk the hard inquiry that will compromise me with citi. i guess i'll wait and see what nasa gives me despite nasa not having a 0% intro APR. thats what i want. I'll keep nasa just for my ultization if its good. still pending. Im just curious beause FNBN i hear is generous giving credit limit increase as a soft pull every 4 months so i can grow with them gradually rather than taking hard pulls with citi getting an increase every 6 months ? i dont know how nasa is giving credit limit increases.

With citi im hearing you get hard pulled. limits above $15,000 you can easily bring it up to $25,000 with a hard pull. Over $5,000 you can get it up $15,000 easily with a hard pull. For you you could probably bring it up to $20,000 with a hard pull if they started you at $9,500. I wonder if im better off getting 2 hard pulls with 2 cards than wasting 2 hard pulls bringing Citi up.  So i got Nasa pending, FNBO offer expires tomorrow and Citi i would like to wait until next month to apply (2 hard pulls for citi) or apply the same day i apply for FNBO. = 2 hard pulls each and not request limit increase for citi until later or just say Fu*K it - its app spree month and just go for 3 hard inquiries in 1 month and see what happens lol   make it 4! i want increase my carecredit too. 

Message 86 of 175
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wiivile wrote:

Depends on you spending as well.  The Freedom category, when it applies is capped at $1,500 per quarter, if you go above (and yes, I realize that most people won't) then you are just getting 2x UR on the CSP.  Depending how you value them, 3% on AARP or similar might be worth more.

And for those of us that still have it working, Citi 5x Forward is one of the best, especially with a higher tier card for transfer (or for 1.6c per point on AA with Prestige)

Message 87 of 175
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wiivile wrote:

Depends on you spending as well.  The Freedom category, when it applies is capped at $1,500 per quarter, if you go above (and yes, I realize that most people won't) then you are just getting 2x UR on the CSP.  Depending how you value them, 3% on AARP or similar might be worth more.

And for those of us that still have it working, Citi 5x Forward is one of the best, especially with a higher tier card for transfer (or for 1.6c per point on AA with Prestige)

Well my opinion is citi forward is best if you still have the 5x, there are other options s like csp that on surface only get 2x.most people should be using csp ur points to transfer to airline or hotel partners. We can conservatively estimate ur points equaling 1.5 cap. So in reality csp is closer to an 3.5x value. You can say same thing if you own the citi premeir since you get 3x plus how much you value typ points for transfer to partners. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 88 of 175
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

geeze well good thing nasa was soft pull so had no effect in applying citi. i keep forgetting that applying citi will not hurt knowing nasa is soft pull so maybe i can wait. if nasa gives me a good credit maybe my score will go up and then go apply citi than applying now. thats why  i was seeing how far apart did you apply. I have offer from first national bank of ohama which pulls experian hard and it expires tomorrow but dont want risk the hard inquiry that will compromise me with citi. i guess i'll wait and see what nasa gives me despite nasa not having a 0% intro APR. thats what i want. I'll keep nasa just for my ultization if its good. still pending. Im just curious beause FNBN i hear is generous giving credit limit increase as a soft pull every 4 months so i can grow with them gradually rather than taking hard pulls with citi getting an increase every 6 months ? i dont know how nasa is giving credit limit increases.

With citi im hearing you get hard pulled. limits above $15,000 you can easily bring it up to $25,000 with a hard pull. Over $5,000 you can get it up $15,000 easily with a hard pull. For you you could probably bring it up to $20,000 with a hard pull if they started you at $9,500. I wonder if im better off getting 2 hard pulls with 2 cards than wasting 2 hard pulls bringing Citi up.  So i got Nasa pending, FNBO offer expires tomorrow and Citi i would like to wait until next month to apply (2 hard pulls for citi) or apply the same day i apply for FNBO. = 2 hard pulls each and not request limit increase for citi until later or just say Fu*K it - its app spree month and just go for 3 hard inquiries in 1 month and see what happens lol   make it 4! i want increase my carecredit too. 

Citi DC was one of my first apps, so I had maybe 1-2 inquiries when I applied.  They pulled EX and EQ for the DC, so I am not sure who and how many a CLI would cost?  I probably should wait 6 months before I ask for a CLI.  I don't need the extra CLI for utilization, because I have a little over 80k in avail credit and using about .02%.  Still tempted though Smiley Happy I like the DC for all misc bills like utilities and insurance premiums.  Restaurants is one of my biggest cat's and that's why I was eyeballing the cash+.  I am glad I went with the CSP over the weekend! I am receving 2.5% with paypal extras at restaurants but I am going to switch to using the CSP when it arrives.  I will get more bang for my buck when I transfer the points to a travel partner.   I had planned on PC'ing my Amazon.com Rewards to AARP in 11 months, but I doubt it now with the new addition of the CSP.

How many inquries do you currently have? 

Message 89 of 175
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wiivile wrote:

Well my opinion is citi forward is best if you still have the 5x, there are other options s like csp that on surface only get 2x.most people should be using csp ur points to transfer to airline or hotel partners. We can conservatively estimate ur points equaling 1.5 cap. So in reality csp is closer to an 3.5x value. You can say same thing if you own the citi premeir since you get 3x plus how much you value typ points for transfer to partners. 

i thought they took down citi forward or they kept the current consumers. 

Message 90 of 175
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.