cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Rewards to Cash+

tag
tragicrex

US Bank Cash Rewards to Cash+

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the information on this board. I applied for the US Bank Cash+ this month, after an app spree last month. Bit the bullet and did the phone app since I do not live in their footprint. After jumping through hoops, many phone calls to CSRs and underwriters, verifying my identity, I come to find I was only approved for a $1k Cash Rewards. The underwriter I spoke to said she wanted to see more history with my higher limit accounts. Fair enough. She said to call back in six months and ask for a CLI and PC to Cash+. FWIW, they pulled EX-- my highest score at 724.

Has anyone had any luck trying to CLI and PC at US Bank? Is it as easy as the underwriter made it seem? They honestly seem to be a bit odd compared to the ease of service I've had with Chase, AMEX, and Discover. The hoops to just get the Cash Rewards lead me to believe this won't be as simple as it sounds.

I was thinking of opening a checking account to establish a relationship with them, since the Gold is free with the credit card. I probably should have did that first and applied later in the year, but hindsight is 20/20! Does anyone think that might help? I was also hoping that way I might get some pre approval luck with them for the Cash+ if I have trouble trying to PC.

Any advice would be great! I'd really love that 5% back on my cell phone bill! For now, I'll set up the autopay on the Cash Rewards to show activity on the card that I don't want.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash Rewards to Cash+

I PC my FlexPerks Select after a year with a two minute phone call but my card started at $5500. I didn't meet the income requirements to apply for the Cash+ outright as minimum income is $30k and mine is $25k net. If I were you I would try for a CLI in 6 months and try PC at a year. People haven't had great luck PC at 6 months. Just my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.