Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Rewards

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

US Bank Cash Rewards

So what should I do with it? What would you do?

It's my first and oldest cc since getting back into this credit craze again only 3 short years ago.

I mean during the first year it was a plain jane platinum that came in a preapproved mailer at $2K and that limit just will not budge. The 2nd year I PC it to it's current type plain Cash Rewards and once or twice I tried to PC that to Cash+ but they would have none of it even though they got mixed up one time and told me I would be getting Cash+ but it turned out no so of course.

Since they nerfed the pee out of Cash+ now I don't even want that one like before, and especially not taking a HP for it. On another time they said that my account was eligible for a Flex Perks PC but I declined at the time. Now they say there are no offers at present. Pfffttttt.

I don't want to close it being the oldest card, so I been putting a little charge on it every so often then PIF. But I have repeatedly every 6 months requested a limit increase and even tried again in December but they won't even lift it up a little bit.

Is it that US Bank is just not that competitive a prime cc issuer as I once thought they were?

Or is it that their overly conservative manners just always keeps them this stale?

I just don't get it about them but what would you do? SD it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash Rewards

With US Bank you have to have a really clean profile then they'll love you. Everyone else, they are not easy like other banks or cards. Or just make sure you have over 100k+ in assets in their hands and they'll love you.

I've hated them off and on for years, but I still have all of my direct deposits going to them. I think when I got the Platinum checking for free that keep me from switching. If you bank with them you might go down to the branch, they can make things happen for you that you might not otherwise get through 800 numbers and websites.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

So what should I do with it? What would you do?

It's my first and oldest cc since getting back into this credit craze again only 3 short years ago.

I mean during the first year it was a plain jane platinum that came in a preapproved mailer at $2K and that limit just will not budge. The 2nd year I PC it to it's current type plain Cash Rewards and once or twice I tried to PC that to Cash+ but they would have none of it even though they got mixed up one time and told me I would be getting Cash+ but it turned out no so of course.

Since they nerfed the pee out of Cash+ now I don't even want that one like before, and especially not taking a HP for it. On another time they said that my account was eligible for a Flex Perks PC but I declined at the time. Now they say there are no offers at present. Pfffttttt.

I don't want to close it being the oldest card, so I been putting a little charge on it every so often then PIF. But I have repeatedly every 6 months requested a limit increase and even tried again in December but they won't even lift it up a little bit.

Is it that US Bank is just not that competitive a prime cc issuer as I once thought they were?

Or is it that their overly conservative manners just always keeps them this stale?

I just don't get it about them but what would you do? SD it?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the club that only socks go in the sock drawer. Get rid of it! It will still report for 10 years, as you know!

Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well dollar_bill I can't see opening a bank relationship with them since i'm well covered on that end.

I do read of better success with them if you do however. I am well inside their footprint and they do have a nearest office in Kentucky just a short hop over the bridge. Once last summer I was going to drop in to try for Cash+ but happy i didn't now that they stripped it down.

I really can't see closing it yet but just sitting them out to see if they come out with another cc product at some point or not.

They really are so much more difficult to draw a CLI from then I could have ever imagined. I guess cc history/etc. means very little to them without the banking relationship.

US Bank obviously has that crystal clean reputation for being conservative to protect at all costs. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.