Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VS card?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS card?

Since I've applied and been approved for 7-8 new cards within about the past year, I guess maybe the safest thing to do at this point is to not apply right now, since from what I've read on various prior threads here on the forum on US Bank, it looks like one of their pet peeves on approvals (or lack thereof) is too many new open accounts...

ETA:  plus, it wouldn't be too much fun to be approved, only to lean that I only qualified for a Cash Rewards card at 1% cash back, if I can't meet the $5,000 CL threshold for the Cash+ card.

Message 21 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

We have two and mainly use them for vet bills, as they happen to be categorized as "charity" at the vet hospital we go to.

Whoa.  Are you saying your vet hospital is using the wrong MCC, or are you saying that US Bank treats 0742-Veterinary Services as charity for everyone?

The vet hospital (which is also a major animal shelter) correctly codes as a charity.   I assume most commercial vets would code as 0742 and not get 5%.   I can't remember how I found this out, I think I was a 2% card and happened to notice it coded as charity and then thought.....

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd for this about two weeks ago and got a denial letter today.  The used fico score 04 and one of those "secret" credit bureaus.  My fico 8 is 775.  Now I'm looking into those bureaus and asking for my reports and go from there and then putting all of them on ice.  But then I have quite a few new accts and that could also have affected my chances.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.