cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Granted with No HP!

tag
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Granted with No HP!

OK, the backstory is: Last Oct., I applied for a Cash +, but was given a Rewards card with a $2,000 limit. Then, a month later (my score had risen substantially), I called US Bank back, and asked them if I couldn't have a CLI to $5,000, and an upgrade to Cash +. NO!!! And to add insult to injury, they pulled my credit again!

So I had only been making smallish purchases, and PIFing ever since then. In May, they gave me an automatic CLI to $5,000. I've also begun getting weekly balance transfer offers from them.

I called them today to see what was up with the balance transfer deal that they have. During the course of the conversation, I mentioned how I never use the card due to my lingering resentment over not getting Cash +, plus the simple fact that some of my other cards offer better rewards.

The guy told me that I could change out my card right now---that I had been pre-approved, that he could see this in their system. He told me that no hard pull would be needed, and that when I activated the new Cash + card, that this would de-activate the Rewards card. I agreed. I am so happy! I thought that every time that you went to a new product with US Bank, that they HP'd you first.

So the moral of this story is: IF you already have a 5K limit with US Bank, and you do not have the Cash + but would like to get it, call. It may very well just be sitting there waiting for you!

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Granted with No HP!

For US Bank PC, it's customarily no HP.  Only HP would occur for initiated requests for CLI (in most instances), unless the system has a pre-approved amount for CLI (via SP).

Message 2 of 3
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Granted with No HP!

@trishdadish wrote:

OK, the backstory is: Last Oct., I applied for a Cash +, but was given a Rewards card with a $2,000 limit. Then, a month later (my score had risen substantially), I called US Bank back, and asked them if I couldn't have a CLI to $5,000, and an upgrade to Cash +. NO!!! And to add insult to injury, they pulled my credit again!

So I had only been making smallish purchases, and PIFing ever since then. In May, they gave me an automatic CLI to $5,000. I've also begun getting weekly balance transfer offers from them.

I called them today to see what was up with the balance transfer deal that they have. During the course of the conversation, I mentioned how I never use the card due to my lingering resentment over not getting Cash +, plus the simple fact that some of my other cards offer better rewards.

The guy told me that I could change out my card right now---that I had been pre-approved, that he could see this in their system. He told me that no hard pull would be needed, and that when I activated the new Cash + card, that this would de-activate the Rewards card. I agreed. I am so happy! I thought that every time that you went to a new product with US Bank, that they HP'd you first.

So the moral of this story is: IF you already have a 5K limit with US Bank, and you do not have the Cash + but would like to get it, call. It may very well just be sitting there waiting for you!

WTG! I. like you, was aproved for Cash Rewards last October. Used the card twice, sockdrawered it for months. On month 6, I asked for a PC. Said no, so I apped for the Cash + over the phone. Was approved again for the Cash Rewards. Mad, I called an analyst to review my app and see if I could get the Cash +. Two days later, he called back and combined my two credit lines, and sent me the Cash +. Worked hard for it lol 

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.