Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

@CribDuchess wrote:

I have nothing but good things to say about this card and highly recommend it, especially if you use the card in conjunction with a gold or platinum checking package with US Bank.  We had the gold checking package and just recently converted to the platinum package to earn the 50% bonus on the Cash+ Visa rewards.  So even on purchases that normally would just earn 1%, I'm earning 1.75% (if I include the $25 bonus for redeeming rewards in $100 increments - which I always do).

Of couse I'm using bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I am using department stores for my other 5% category.  I have grocery as my 2% category since I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart or Target, and since those are considered discount stores by Amex, they don't qualify for the 3% on my BCE.

I was approved for this card on July 25th and received the card on August 2nd.  So I've had the card less than 3 months and I'm already about to cash in another $100 in rewards this week after my statement cuts tomorrow.  I love the ease in receiving my cash rewards as I can just choose to have the money deposited right into either my checking or my savings and it happens in mere seconds.  It does seem to take awhile to receive the $25 bonus Visa gift card, as I redeemed my first $100 at the end of September and still haven't received the $25 Visa gift card yet.  I'm thinking by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll have 3 of these Visa gift cards.  If they don't issue them with my name on them, I might give them as gifts.  Smiley Happy  Otherwise I'll just take them to US Bank and exchange them for cash to deposit into our account.

What I love most right now is that there are no limits on the amount of rewards you can earn and there are no spending requirements with this card (hope that never changes!).  I've had a Discover card since 1991 and while I do use it, I do not like the $1,500 cap on the 5% rewards spending.  I also don't like the requirement of spending $3,000 before you earn the full 1%.  Yes, Discover has 5% for department stores for this quarter, but why would I use it when I can get unlimited 5% rewards on department stores with my Cash+ card?  Plus, Visa is accepted in a lot more places than Discover is.

Discover is giving 5% cash back on online shopping this quarter as well, and their ShopDiscover store is almost unrivalled.

@RonDawg wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

I have nothing but good things to say about this card and highly recommend it, especially if you use the card in conjunction with a gold or platinum checking package with US Bank.  We had the gold checking package and just recently converted to the platinum package to earn the 50% bonus on the Cash+ Visa rewards.  So even on purchases that normally would just earn 1%, I'm earning 1.75% (if I include the $25 bonus for redeeming rewards in $100 increments - which I always do).

Of couse I'm using bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I am using department stores for my other 5% category.  I have grocery as my 2% category since I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart or Target, and since those are considered discount stores by Amex, they don't qualify for the 3% on my BCE.

I was approved for this card on July 25th and received the card on August 2nd.  So I've had the card less than 3 months and I'm already about to cash in another $100 in rewards this week after my statement cuts tomorrow.  I love the ease in receiving my cash rewards as I can just choose to have the money deposited right into either my checking or my savings and it happens in mere seconds.  It does seem to take awhile to receive the $25 bonus Visa gift card, as I redeemed my first $100 at the end of September and still haven't received the $25 Visa gift card yet.  I'm thinking by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll have 3 of these Visa gift cards.  If they don't issue them with my name on them, I might give them as gifts.  Smiley Happy  Otherwise I'll just take them to US Bank and exchange them for cash to deposit into our account.

What I love most right now is that there are no limits on the amount of rewards you can earn and there are no spending requirements with this card (hope that never changes!).  I've had a Discover card since 1991 and while I do use it, I do not like the $1,500 cap on the 5% rewards spending.  I also don't like the requirement of spending $3,000 before you earn the full 1%.  Yes, Discover has 5% for department stores for this quarter, but why would I use it when I can get unlimited 5% rewards on department stores with my Cash+ card?  Plus, Visa is accepted in a lot more places than Discover is.

Honstly I think Bill Pay is the best 5% cat there is I don't think there is a card out there that offers this.  Discover is doing 2% till the end of the year on bill pay but of course its not 5%

The bill pay cash back is a targeted promotion isn't it? I don't see the offer in my account.

Message 21 of 118
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Discover is giving 5% cash back on online shopping this quarter as well, and their ShopDiscover store is almost unrivalled.

The bill pay cash back is a targeted promotion isn't it? I don't see the offer in my account.

Yes, Discover is offering 5% cash back for online shopping/dept stores, but the 5% reward is capped at $1,500.  There's no cap with US Bank's 5% for department stores.  Plus, I'm actually getting more than 5% as I will earn an additional .75% due to redeeming rewards in at least $100 increments and having a package checking acct with US Bank.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 22 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

Honstly I think Bill Pay is the best 5% cat there is I don't think there is a card out there that offers this.  Discover is doing 2% till the end of the year on bill pay but of course its not 5%

Actually I think your right it was a target I got an invite to sign up for it sometime back in April.  I signed in and there it was for me to select. I am not sure if it was something just directed at me or if it was in general to everyone, Sorry Discover does not share their secrets with me XD

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 23 of 118
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Bill pay is definally a good category to earn cash back. I PCed one of my FlexPerf cards to Cash+ and I'm expecting $100+ cash back for paying all the bills of my small business.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 24 of 118
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

What CRA does us bank pull?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 25 of 118
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
What CRA does us bank pull?

Seems to be EQ for Nor. Cal. and EX for So. Cal.  YMMV for everywhere else.  That is all I know. YMMV LOL

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 26 of 118
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

They usually pull Experian

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 118
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

They pulled EQ for me.

Message 28 of 118
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Note that some people get US Bank Cash Rewards instead of the cash plus (they have the right to do this).

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 29 of 118
JonStur
Established Contributor

Luv luv luv this card.. I use it almost exclusively for bill pay, and it is not capped ( at least not yet ). CLI can be requested, but if you don't like the amount or get denied you can  get a manual review which is a HP. They pulled TU for me in Ohio..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 30 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.