Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

I I like the card as well. I have two of them.  (Long Story)  I would not ask them for CLI in six months. Every year around the time you opene the account they have reviewed my account.  So far a CLI larger than than the soft pull limit and this year a PC change that I could nt get earlier in the year.  I have been with US bank for 2+ (my bank as acquired by US Bank)  and I would not go anywhere else.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 51 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

I I like the card as well. I have two of them.  (Long Story)  I would not ask them for CLI in six months. Every year around the time you opene the account they have reviewed my account.  So far a CLI larger than than the soft pull limit and this year a PC change that I could nt get earlier in the year.  I have been with US bank for 2+ (my bank as acquired by US Bank)  and I would not go anywhere else.

Yeah I have been with US Bank for 12 years now.  I wouldn't go anywhere else either. Love the Cash + Card Just got my first $100.00 payout and I have a $25 gift card on its way!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 52 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

My credit is so new that they won't do anything unless I ask and let them hard pull me. So I have to ask for CLI's every six months and not expect automated ones.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 53 of 118
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I want this card! I was so close to getting it.

Thats right, you got the Flex Perks Cash right?

I had college visa ($500), select rewards ($1000), flexperks sig ($5000....then apped for cash+, I said I would close college visa and select rewards with approval....They gave me cash rewards ($2500) and no change on other accounts....I line swapped all to college visa which is my oldest account...
I now have college visa ($4,000) flexperks sig ($5,000) and they won't make any changes for 6 months.

Wait I forget, did you ask them to recon?  worst comes to worst you can always ask them to upgrade you after 6 months.   Make sure you use that Flex perks cash card making some kind of purchases on it every month so the account shows activity.  The Flex cash card is nothing fancy but its not a bad card either.  I had it before they upgraded me to the Cash + card but I had that card for years as well and the cash + only came out this past June.

I tried recon. I pretty much was reconning before they even told me I was declined..haha...I had underwritings phone number saved in my phone even before I joined this forum.

I closed the cash card before I recieved it. That card is no use for me. I have other better cards.

I got this card right before cash+ came out:

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel.html

It was my daily driver for 4 months and I ended up with 75k flexpoints.

That level of spending is crazy! Can't believe you were still in college last year Smiley Very Happy

Message 54 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That level of spending is crazy! Can't believe you were still in college last year Smiley Very Happy

Lots of bonus points and stuff. Didn't spend $75,000 in 4 months...haha

I live in a large household, and I put a lot of the household spending on it. I get paid back for that stuff.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 55 of 118
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

How is this card for bill pay? Chase Freedom doesn't offer many bill pay options.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 56 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

How is this card for bill pay? Chase Freedom doesn't offer many bill pay options.

This is one of the best cards out there for bill pay.  5% back on almost all your bills every quarter just keep selecting Bill pay. In 2 months I have already been paid out $100.00 and have a $25.00 gift card in the mail mostly because of bill pay.    US Bank gives you a Free $25.00 gift card for every $100.00 in cash back you pay out.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 57 of 118
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I really like this card also. But i will say one draw back that i have seen.   When you are cashing out your cash back at the 100 level and get the $25.00 visa card in the mail. The next statement they actually deduct the 25.00 from your total and i was told the very next statement they will credit it back. Still waiting on my next statement to see it credit back.  I thought it was kind of weird to do it that way. 

Message 58 of 118
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Lots of bonus points and stuff. Didn't spend $75,000 in 4 months...haha

I live in a large household, and I put a lot of the household spending on it. I get paid back for that stuff.

lol my parents own two businesses and I put EVERY bill on that card.   Electricity x 3 water x3 trash x3 lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 59 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

I really like this card also. But i will say one draw back that i have seen.   When you are cashing out your cash back at the 100 level and get the $25.00 visa card in the mail. The next statement they actually deduct the 25.00 from your total and i was told the very next statement they will credit it back. Still waiting on my next statement to see it credit back.  I thought it was kind of weird to do it that way. 

From what I can see it looks like they first add the $25.00 into your cash back bonus and then when they pay it out they subtract it.

Message 60 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.