Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

anyone get turned down for this card? i've been eyeing this card for sometime now.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 61 of 118
distantarray
Established Contributor

a lot of people do since they're really inquiry sensitive.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 62 of 118
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I think I was recently denied and I say think because I opened US Bank accounts just to start a relationship with them. Due to the special accounts/incentives/promotions I received, the Banker said they automatically use the credit report they pulled to open my checking to check if I qualified for the Cash+ Sigh Visa. He instantly told me I did not qualify. However, I do see the HP on my Equifax report but I have not received a denial letter so I'm a tad bit confused. I do have quite a few inquires from buy a car a few months ago and apping so I was not surprised by he denial. After the accounts had been active for several months, I planned to apply.

Message 63 of 118
toppers555
Established Contributor

I applied and was denied cash+ but given cash rewards  triggered a fraud alert due to excessive  inq 20+  (student loans, and refinace). i will just just reapply in may when my last baddie and judegement fall off. in mean time I open a savings combo account, and secured life miles with 5lk max.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 64 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

anyone get turned down for this card? i've been eyeing this card for sometime now.

From what others have told me, if your turned down for the Cash Plus card they usually recon you for the Flex Perks Cash card, usually under 5K credit limit however I have seen it higher then 5k.  What I tell people is this, if you get the Flex Perks cash card, just keep it around make some purchases and pay it off in about 6 months ask them to upgrade you to the Cash plus.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 65 of 118
Satellite5
Established Member

@scottwagnon wrote:

I was, though I didn't know it at the time... Smiley Indifferent

I've been with US Bank for one year now (but no credit cards with them yet), so when I went in to deposit my paychecks the other day, the teller asked me why I didn't have a credit card with them. I said how about the Cash+ Visa Signature, and she put in my application and approved me for $7500 CL. Told me congratulations and gave me a print-out of all my choices for 5% and 2% cash back categories.

Then the card came in the mail and it was a Cash Rewards card. So I guess I'll just go back in and ask them if they could upgrade me, or wait 6 months like everyone else here is doing...

Starting Score: 735 (EQ) / 777 (TU)Oct. 2012
Current Score: 761 (EQ) / 752 (TU)Aug. 2014
Goal Score: 800
App free since 19.11.2013. \o/
Message 66 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonDawg wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

From what others have told me, if your turned down for the Cash Plus card they usually recon you for the Flex Perks Cash card, usually under 5K credit limit however I have seen it higher then 5k.  What I tell people is this, if you get the Flex Perks cash card, just keep it around make some purchases and pay it off in about 6 months ask them to upgrade you to the Cash plus.

I am not too comfortable with the whole idea of being handed a CC I didn't "apply" for. I understand that by applying for any CC your subjected to their terms and conditions, but the whole CC switch is throwing me off. I think I will just hold out a bit till my score rises before applying. I will definitely be looking for a PC if I don't get the Cash +.

Message 67 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

I am not too comfortable with the whole idea of being handed a CC I didn't "apply" for. I understand that by applying for any CC your subjected to their terms and conditions, but the whole CC switch is throwing me off. I think I will just hold out a bit till my score rises before applying. I will definitely be looking for a PC if I don't get the Cash +.

Its up to you really, it is in their card member agreement that they auto recon you for the Flex Perks Cash card.  Now US Bank is great if you have a relationship with them already, Get your foot in the door I like to say.  I am old school though, My first card with them was their Platinum card after about 2 years they auto upgraded me to the Flex Perks Cash card I had that card for a few years and this summer they auto upgraded me to the Cash Plus but I was grand fathered under my really old interest rate Smiley Happy currently my interest rate on my Cash Plus card is 7.99%

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 68 of 118
Satellite5
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Neither am I. Smiley Sad

I think it is just weird to get a CC you never wanted in the first place. I wonder if anyone else does this. This is the first time I've heard of it. But then I'm pretty new to CCs and all. I've only had one CC for a year...

Starting Score: 735 (EQ) / 777 (TU)Oct. 2012
Current Score: 761 (EQ) / 752 (TU)Aug. 2014
Goal Score: 800
App free since 19.11.2013. \o/
Message 69 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Its up to you really, it is in their card member agreement that they auto recon you for the Flex Perks Cash card.  Now US Bank is great if you have a relationship with them already, Get your foot in the door I like to say.  I am old school though, My first card with them was their Platinum card after about 2 years they auto upgraded me to the Flex Perks Cash card I had that card for a few years and this summer they auto upgraded me to the Cash Plus but I was grand fathered under my really old interest rate Smiley Happy currently my interest rate on my Cash Plus card is 7.99%

Got an amazing interest rate on the markets best cash card. Nice.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 70 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.