Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

^ I would really talk to the rep who got you to apply to state that you were approved and get the manager to make some calls to see if anything could be done , i dunno more and more I read about Cash+ it seems like a bait and switch like bestbuy blackfriday ads in the past before they listed the quantities lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 71 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Its up to you really, it is in their card member agreement that they auto recon you for the Flex Perks Cash card.  Now US Bank is great if you have a relationship with them already, Get your foot in the door I like to say.  I am old school though, My first card with them was their Platinum card after about 2 years they auto upgraded me to the Flex Perks Cash card I had that card for a few years and this summer they auto upgraded me to the Cash Plus but I was grand fathered under my really old interest rate Smiley Happy currently my interest rate on my Cash Plus card is 7.99%

Just want to let you know that the flexperks card is completely different. An approval for anything less than $5,000 is for the U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa® Card. Not for a card with flexperks in the name. That is their travel rewards program.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 72 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

anyone get turned down for this card? i've been eyeing this card for sometime now.

I was, though I didn't know it at the time... Smiley Indifferent

I've been with US Bank for one year now (but no credit cards with them yet), so when I went in to deposit my paychecks the other day, the teller asked me why I didn't have a credit card with them. I said how about the Cash+ Visa Signature, and she put in my application and approved me for $7500 CL. Told me congratulations and gave me a print-out of all my choices for 5% and 2% cash back categories.

Then the card came in the mail and it was a Cash Rewards card. So I guess I'll just go back in and ask them if they could upgrade me, or wait 6 months like everyone else here is doing...

Call them up see if they are willing to upgrade or recon you for to the Cash Plus card, with a 7.5k credit limit I don't know why they wouldn't. 

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 73 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

anyone get turned down for this card? i've been eyeing this card for sometime now.

I've been with US Bank for one year now (but no credit cards with them yet), so when I went in to deposit my paychecks the other day, the teller asked me why I didn't have a credit card with them. I said how about the Cash+ Visa Signature, and she put in my application and approved me for $7500 CL. Told me congratulations and gave me a print-out of all my choices for 5% and 2% cash back categories.

Then the card came in the mail and it was a Cash Rewards card. So I guess I'll just go back in and ask them if they could upgrade me, or wait 6 months like everyone else here is doing...

Call them up see if they are willing to upgrade or recon you for to the Cash Plus card, with a 7.5k credit limit I don't know why they wouldn't. 

If the limit is for more than $5,000 they should be able to give you the Cash+. Unless the banker screwed up and applied you for another card.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 74 of 118
Satellite5
Established Member

I guess it's possible that the teller mixed up the application for another card. I'll go talk to them again next week when I deposit my checks.

Starting Score: 735 (EQ) / 777 (TU)Oct. 2012
Current Score: 761 (EQ) / 752 (TU)Aug. 2014
Goal Score: 800
App free since 19.11.2013. \o/
Message 75 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

If the limit is for more than $5,000 they should be able to give you the Cash+. Unless the banker screwed up and applied you for another card.

I am telling you do it lol I so sock drawered my other cards after I got this one.  I love cash back so of course you have to have the Chase Freedom and the Discover More cards in your wallet however the Cash Plus card is always in front of the rest I use it for just about everything and I got cash back big time in no time at all.  2 Months $100.00 back and an extra $25 coming to me in the mail.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 76 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Satellite5 wrote:

I guess it's possible that the teller mixed up the application for another card. I'll go talk to them again next week when I deposit my checks.

That teller is going to be so confused when you show them your card...haha

They will be like huh??? $7.5k limit and the basic rewards card?

I bet they will be able to get it all straightened out for you if you are not able to.

Message 77 of 118
Satellite5
Established Member

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

I am telling you do it lol I so sock drawered my other cards after I got this one.  I love cash back so of course you have to have the Chase Freedom and the Discover More cards in your wallet however the Cash Plus card is always in front of the rest I use it for just about everything and I got cash back big time in no time at all.  2 Months $100.00 back and an extra $25 coming to me in the mail.

I plan to sock drawer my Capital One card. I applied for a Discover More and am waiting for the card in the mail, so it'll just be that and the US Bank card for me now. Smiley Happy

I have a Chase checking account, but I'm afraid to apply for a Freedom card. So many new accounts...

Message 78 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Satellite5 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

I plan to sock drawer my Capital One card. I applied for a Discover More and am waiting for the card in the mail, so it'll just be that and the US Bank card for me now. Smiley Happy

I have a Chase checking account, but I'm afraid to apply for a Freedom card. So many new accounts...

Congrats on your credit card additions and good luck on the Upgrade to the Cash Plus

Message 79 of 118
Satellite5
Established Member

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Satellite5 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Congrats on your credit card additions and good luck on the Upgrade to the Cash Plus

Thanks! It was because of this forum that I even knew about the Cash+ card. Heart So much appreciation for you guys.

Message 80 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.