Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

just because it seems like no one knows.

the cash rewards card can not be "applied" for, it is strictly a downsell for the cash+

it seems like it's a mistake on underwriting (a term they keep using even though they are supposed to be rebranded as "application status"). i have to deal with us banks underwriting frequently, and let me say that i hate them. every last one of them. incompetent.

Message 81 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

just because it seems like no one knows.

the cash rewards card can not be "applied" for, it is strictly a downsell for the cash+

it seems like it's a mistake on underwriting (a term they keep using even though they are supposed to be rebranded as "application status"). i have to deal with us banks underwriting frequently, and let me say that i hate them. every last one of them. incompetent.

It cannot be applied for directly online by a consumer, who knows what the teller did. Maybe they had an old app screen or something come up that they fill out wrong.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 82 of 118
GoRavens
Established Member

I applied for a Cash+ card a month ago and was given a $1,500 limit, thus mailed a Cash Rewards card.  I activiated it and stashed it, thinking I would apply for a CLI in a few months to try to get Cash+.  And to my surprise, I just received a Cash+ card in the mail earlier this week.  Same CL.  I have already chosen my 5%/2% rewards and everything.  I'm now praying they don't notice their mistake and reissue me again...

Message 83 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@GoRavens wrote:

I applied for a Cash+ card a month ago and was given a $1,500 limit, thus mailed a Cash Rewards card.  I activiated it and stashed it, thinking I would apply for a CLI in a few months to try to get Cash+.  And to my surprise, I just received a Cash+ card in the mail earlier this week.  Same CL.  I have already chosen my 5%/2% rewards and everything.  I'm now praying they don't notice their mistake and reissue me again...

Haha, wow. That is cool.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 84 of 118
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Seeing this thread is making me want to APP for this final card but I'm not ready for it yet and I know it will be denied!!!

STOP ME! LOL!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 85 of 118
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Just received my first extra $25 rewards card on my Cash+ card, ( for letting rewards add up to $100 ), for the previous month of Sept.  In Oct., I have already spent $2000 on home improvements so that will get me another $100 in rewards.  In addition, I have a platinum account so that will get me another half percent and since I have gone over the $100 saved amount I will receive the additional $25 card.  So, my rewards will be $135, or  a 6 3/4% return. That is not bad.  I love the card, and US Bank. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 86 of 118
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Just received my first extra $25 rewards card on my Cash+ card, ( for letting rewards add up to $100 ), for the previous month of Sept.  In Oct., I have already spent $2000 on home improvements so that will get me another $100 in rewards.  In addition, I have a platinum account so that will get me another half percent and since I have gone over the $100 saved amount I will receive the additional $25 card.  So, my rewards will be $135, or  a 6 3/4% return. That is not bad.  I love the card, and US Bank. 

Congratulations on gaining great rewards.  I too have been getting a great return in rewards. I am however convinced that this card is not sustainable for US Bank. I predict in the not too distant future the reward parameters will change. They are already practicing a bait and switch tactic by not issuing the Cash + to all who apply. I fully expect there will be a lowering of cash reward opportunity in the future. I will use it extensively until that sad day arrives.

Message 87 of 118
YahComb
Established Contributor

@GomerPyle wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Congratulations on gaining great rewards.  I too have been getting a great return in rewards. I am however convinced that this card is not sustainable for US Bank. I predict in the not too distant future the reward parameters will change. They are already practicing a bait and switch tactic by not issuing the Cash + to all who apply. I fully expect there will be a lowering of cash reward opportunity in the future. I will use it extensively until that sad day arrives.

They probably won't be able to sustain it, i mean look at all the former cards that were all-the time 5%, then the percentage got lowered, then they made it quarterly categories. But it's not really fair to call it a bait and switch. They tell you applying for the Cashplus is also an application for the lower tier 1% card, and it's not like they just instituted it somewhere along the way. It was that way from the very start.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 88 of 118
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@GomerPyle wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

They probably won't be able to sustain it, i mean look at all the former cards that were all-the time 5%, then the percentage got lowered, then they made it quarterly categories. But it's not really fair to call it a bait and switch. They tell you applying for the Cashplus is also an application for the lower tier 1% card, and it's not like they just instituted it somewhere along the way. It was that way from the very start.

OK. I will call it a heads up bait and switch. 

Message 89 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@GomerPyle wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

+1

I felt that as soon as I noticed the card. I am just hoping it will still be around in 6 months.

Message 90 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.