Established Member
dialect

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

just because it seems like no one knows.

the cash rewards card can not be "applied" for, it is strictly a downsell for the cash+

it seems like it's a mistake on underwriting (a term they keep using even though they are supposed to be rebranded as "application status"). i have to deal with us banks underwriting frequently, and let me say that i hate them. every last one of them. incompetent.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

dialect wrote:

just because it seems like no one knows.

the cash rewards card can not be "applied" for, it is strictly a downsell for the cash+

it seems like it's a mistake on underwriting (a term they keep using even though they are supposed to be rebranded as "application status"). i have to deal with us banks underwriting frequently, and let me say that i hate them. every last one of them. incompetent.

It cannot be applied for directly online by a consumer, who knows what the teller did. Maybe they had an old app screen or something come up that they fill out wrong.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Member
GoRavens

I applied for a Cash+ card a month ago and was given a $1,500 limit, thus mailed a Cash Rewards card.  I activiated it and stashed it, thinking I would apply for a CLI in a few months to try to get Cash+.  And to my surprise, I just received a Cash+ card in the mail earlier this week.  Same CL.  I have already chosen my 5%/2% rewards and everything.  I'm now praying they don't notice their mistake and reissue me again...

Valued Contributor
Dustink

GoRavens wrote:

I applied for a Cash+ card a month ago and was given a $1,500 limit, thus mailed a Cash Rewards card.  I activiated it and stashed it, thinking I would apply for a CLI in a few months to try to get Cash+.  And to my surprise, I just received a Cash+ card in the mail earlier this week.  Same CL.  I have already chosen my 5%/2% rewards and everything.  I'm now praying they don't notice their mistake and reissue me again...

Haha, wow. That is cool.

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Seeing this thread is making me want to APP for this final card but I'm not ready for it yet and I know it will be denied!!!

STOP ME! LOL!

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

Just received my first extra $25 rewards card on my Cash+ card, ( for letting rewards add up to $100 ), for the previous month of Sept.  In Oct., I have already spent $2000 on home improvements so that will get me another $100 in rewards.  In addition, I have a platinum account so that will get me another half percent and since I have gone over the $100 saved amount I will receive the additional $25 card.  So, my rewards will be $135, or  a 6 3/4% return. That is not bad.  I love the card, and US Bank. 

FICOS
TU 802 7/11/14
EX 797 7/6/14
EQ 748 7/10/14

Cash+ 19.5 / Amex 16.5 / US Bank loc 15k / Chase Freedom 10.6k
Regular Contributor
GomerPyle

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Just received my first extra $25 rewards card on my Cash+ card, ( for letting rewards add up to $100 ), for the previous month of Sept.  In Oct., I have already spent $2000 on home improvements so that will get me another $100 in rewards.  In addition, I have a platinum account so that will get me another half percent and since I have gone over the $100 saved amount I will receive the additional $25 card.  So, my rewards will be $135, or  a 6 3/4% return. That is not bad.  I love the card, and US Bank. 

Congratulations on gaining great rewards.  I too have been getting a great return in rewards. I am however convinced that this card is not sustainable for US Bank. I predict in the not too distant future the reward parameters will change. They are already practicing a bait and switch tactic by not issuing the Cash + to all who apply. I fully expect there will be a lowering of cash reward opportunity in the future. I will use it extensively until that sad day arrives.

Established Contributor
YahComb

GomerPyle wrote:

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Congratulations on gaining great rewards.  I too have been getting a great return in rewards. I am however convinced that this card is not sustainable for US Bank. I predict in the not too distant future the reward parameters will change. They are already practicing a bait and switch tactic by not issuing the Cash + to all who apply. I fully expect there will be a lowering of cash reward opportunity in the future. I will use it extensively until that sad day arrives.

They probably won't be able to sustain it, i mean look at all the former cards that were all-the time 5%, then the percentage got lowered, then they made it quarterly categories. But it's not really fair to call it a bait and switch. They tell you applying for the Cashplus is also an application for the lower tier 1% card, and it's not like they just instituted it somewhere along the way. It was that way from the very start.

EQ-730(06/30/14) TU-758(06/19/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 7.5K | Disc It 9K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 2.92yr AAOA: 24.8 mo
Regular Contributor
GomerPyle

YahComb wrote:

GomerPyle wrote:

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

They probably won't be able to sustain it, i mean look at all the former cards that were all-the time 5%, then the percentage got lowered, then they made it quarterly categories. But it's not really fair to call it a bait and switch. They tell you applying for the Cashplus is also an application for the lower tier 1% card, and it's not like they just instituted it somewhere along the way. It was that way from the very start.

OK. I will call it a heads up bait and switch. 

Valued Contributor
Dustink

GomerPyle wrote:

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

+1

I felt that as soon as I noticed the card. I am just hoping it will still be around in 6 months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+